f i f t y - s e v e n

ѕοοиγουиg ѕταяє∂ αιмℓєѕѕℓγ out the clear blue sky of the Tuesday morning, the words of their teacher's words coming into his right ear then leaving in the left. In short, he wasn't listening at all.

He was physically in the classroom, but he was mentally elsewhere, completely out of the topic their teacher was teaching them.

He didn't notice that they were instructed to flip their textbook to a specific page if it wasn't for an acquaintance hitting his head with his eraser.

Now he was staring at the certain word on the book, his consciousness drifting off again into the night before wherein someone from the past has decided to contact him out of the blue.

Their conversation started coming back to hunt him, like it doesn't want to be forgotten at all. It always comes back when he's reminded of a person. The one he knew he'd love in eternity. The one who's always keeping him up late at night just thinking about him. The one who opened his eyes and helped him see the true colors of the nature of the world.

Lee Jihoon.

Then, his father's words flashed into his mind, like a distant voice, reminding him of something that may cause the destruction of his relationship with someone precious.

"I'll give you until this Saturday to tell him. That's enough time for you to speak with him."

Soonyoung clenched his hands, crumpling the page of the book unconsciously.

"Mr. Kwon?" Soonyoung snapped out of his train of thoughts and looked up to his teacher who had a concerned expression plastered on her face.

"Are you alright? Are you feeling well? Your face is red."

"Oh! It's nothing, Ms. Hwang. I'm fine." Soonyoung tried to reassure but Ms. Hwang seemed unconvinced. She made her way towards her student and placed her palm on the younger's forehead. Her frown deepened.

"You're quite burning... perhaps you have a fever? And you seem tired... have you had enough sleep, Mr. Kwon?" Ms. Hwang worriedly asked, combing the latter's hair back. Soonyoung hummed as he squeezed his eyes in an attempt to get rid of his droopiness. The yawn that the teacher received was a good enough answer to her question.

"You should go to the infirmary and ask for medicines." Ms. Hwang turned to the rest of the students who were watching the exchange of the two, nosy. She caught the eyes of the student next to Soonyoung and smiled apologetically.

"Can you please bring Mr. Kwon to the infirmary, Ms. Hirai? I supposed he'll need help considering his current state."

Momo widened her eyes in shock and looked over to Soonyoung who was near to sleeping, leaning into their teacher's touch. Momo bit her lip.

"Can't his friend do it?"

"I'm afraid Mr. Wen is not around as of today. He said he's visiting a relative."

Momo was hesitant. But the sight of Soonyoung right there, exhausted and looking near to collapsing was enough for her to stand up and hold Soonyoung's forearm, tugging him to stand.

Soonyoung obliged and let the girl lead the way out of the classroom. Out of the corner of Momo's eyes, she can see Sana holding up a thumb and winking at her but Momo shook her head no, stopping her friend from thinking about anything that wouldn't happen at all.

★彡

"нєγ."

Soonyoung blinked his eyes twice, squeezing them shut then groaning. He slowly sat up as he pushed the white blanket away from him and held his head as it continued to throb. When he looked up, he was met up with Momo's smiling face and he accidentally shrieked.