000 || bruises

•••

•••

"I heard had quite a fall" I laughed, entering the hospital room with Lila on my hip, Cooper trailing behind.
"You shouldn't be here!" Clint said, sitting up straight
"Fury cleared the floor for half an hour. It's fine, calm down"
"Daddy!" Cooper giggled, running to Clint's side. Cooper was 8 now, and along with his Lila who was 1 and a half, being at home alone was quite a handful.
"Hey buddy" he grinned, masking his pain as he ruffled his son's hair.
The two had a little chat as I rocked Lila back and forth, fussing over wanting to hug her dad.
"Hey Clint I think little miss over here is getting impatient" I sniggered, handing her over to him.
"Dada" She gargled as he pressed a kiss to her cheek, her hands clapping the sides of his face.
Moving her so she was sitting on his stomach, he started up a conversation with our two children, moving his hands animatedly as he spoke. I smiled, resting my cheek on my hand as I watched the three converse.

Clint had been on a solo mission in the alps for 2 weeks now, and the kids had been restless. Fury seemed to be working him and Natasha too hard again over the last few months which made me think something big was going on. Clint would never tell me, brushing me off with the 'it's no big deal' excuse every time.
Leaning forward, I rested my forehead on his hip, listening to the conversation they were having.

"And at school, there's this boy called Derek who has transformers! They're so cool"
"Wow transformers? Really?"
"Dada! Dada!"
"Yes honey?"
"Biscuit!"
I sniggered slightly, knowing what she was trying to say.
"Biscuit?"
"Biscuit!"
"She ate a biscuit daddy"
"Oh! Well done Lila"
"Daddy when are you coming home?"
"I-" Clint faltered.

I knew it killed him to be away for so long, he had missed quite a lot of Cooper's life growing up and I know he didn't want to do the same for Lila.
"He's coming home as soon as he's finished his mission" I said, lifting my head, "Daddy still has to defeat the bad guy"
"Did the bad guy hurt you daddy?"
"No Coops, I was just a bit silly and fell off a ledge" he answered, shooting me an appreciative glance.

My phone buzzed, and I looked down at it.
You've got 5 minutes until the floors busy again - NF

"Okay everyone say goodbye to daddy, we'll see him soon" I said in a fake-cheery tone, gathering up my bag.
"I don't wanna go" Cooper frowned, latching onto Clint's arm.
"I know honey but we're not supposed to be here in the first place, Uncle Fury helped us get in"
"Uncle Fury! When is he coming to visit again?"
"Next Saturday. Now, we need to say goodbye"
"Bye bye!" Lila giggled, her tiny hands slapping Clint's chest.
"Bye" Clint smiled, giving her a little wave in return.
Cooper just grunted and hugged Clint's arm even harder.

I pressed a kiss to his lips, knowing I was going to be alone for a little while longer.
"How long this time?" I whispered, placing my forehead against his
"They have a problem down in New Mexico, 4 days in the least. I'm so sorry Grace"
I let out a disappointed sigh, leaning into Clint's touch.
"It's okay"
"I'll make it up to you when I get back, I promise. We'll have a big BBQ"

With another kiss, I stood up, placing Lila onto my hip again and holding Coopers hand.
"See you soon Clint"
"I love you"
"We love you too"