3.

Sebastian had walked out the lift, heading through the lobby of his floor, greeting the receptionists at their desk with a curt nod.

His mind was on board meeting that he was supposed to be having in two hours, and the another meeting he had to attend to before that.

This wasn't the first board meeting that he was going to be attending, but it was going to be his first time leading it and most of all, he didn't want to disappoint his father.

Being only twenty-six, he was one of the youngest members of all the executive, but in his young age he'd managed to achieve quite a lot, working harder than ever.

Sebastian always knew that he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and make something of himself that he could be proud of, just like his father.

There were still doubts from other members, higher on the payroll than him, wondering if he were the right choice sometimes and maybe if he was given these opportunities because of his father.

However, Sebastian just always worked harder than other to prove that he was more than just his surname. He didn't rely on his father to help him, but rather did his own work. It's how he gained the respect of the people around him, who began to realise that he wasn't just 'the son of Richard Carter,' but had his own identity.

Sebastian tapped his card on the door, entering through to the office floor.

This floor was among the ones mainly for the people higher-up in the company. All senior staff members had their own offices, and only ones for their private assistants. This floor included and open floor plan in the middle, with seating area, should anyone get bored of being in their office.

"Alright?" Sebastian nodded to one of his colleagues who was sitting on one of the couches, coffee in one hand and tablet in the other.

"I'm good, man. You ready for the meeting later?" His colleague asked.

"Of course," Sebastian replied, as if there was no doubt about it.

When it came to the business, Sebastian always remained confident. There are no room for mistakes, he would tell himself and work accordingly to that.

He nodded at his colleague, and carried on to walk to towards his office, only stopped when he noticed his assistant's office door was open.

Sebastian peered inside, and saw Sophie leaning back on her chair, rubbing her hand over her well-rounded stomach.

"You look ready to burst, Soph." He said, leaning against the doorway to her office.

Sophie was the only persons in the office that Sebastian had a more playful relationship with, whilst remaining more stern and curt with others. She was like an older sister to him, and broke past his usual colder exterior and made him smile.

She was never afraid to poke fun at him or smack him upside the head for when she deemed him to be too cheeky with her.

The peaceful expression that Sophie had on her face, quickly morphed into a deep scowl at his words.

Sebastian watched as she grabbed a pen from her desk and launched it towards him.

It probably would've hit him straight in the face, had he not caught it in time. His lips tugged upwards in to a slight smirk as he twirled the pen between his fingers - that only seem to anger Sophie more.

"Shut up," she narrowed her eyes at him.

Sophie rubbed her stomach again, as a way to calm herself down, also reminding herself that she was nearing her maternity leave and was so close to having a break - she really couldn't wait for that.