4 Baggy clothes

"Carter? As in 'the pretty Carter'?" My best friend speaks through the speaker, her voice sounding interested.

"Yes, that one. And I already told you, Alex, he's taken." I tell her, supporting the phone with my shoulder while I open the lid of my coffee. I hate when there's no sugar in it, so I always have to add it additionally.

"Don't care." She says. "I wanna meet him. And the rest of the crew."

"I don't know." I say smugly. "You'll have to ask Wes about that."

Wes turns to face me at the mention of his name but when I don't react he just turns back to being focused on driving.

"How about you ask him?" My best friend retorts, clearly offended by my proposition. "Maybe if you give him something crazy he'll -"

"Oh, shut up." I silence her before she says anything else. After this long hour of driving I finally see the airport come in view and I rush to close my coffee, but not before swirling the sugar in it. "Alex, we're here. I'll see you later."

"You sure will. And I hope I'll see Mr. Carter with you." She says before I hang up the call with a groan.

Wes parks inside the garage, claiming that he'd rather pay the ridiculous amount of money they ask for than get a ticket. I honestly don't care, I only start whining about how hungry I am. When he asked me if I would come with him to pick up Carter, I had no idea it would be in the early hours of the morning. I only managed to grab a bite of the bread that was in the kitchen before his honk woke up the entire neighborhood.

"Can we stop by to get pizza later?" I ask with a pout as we walk in between the shiny cars.

"Didn't you have enough fast food yesterday?" He turns his head to me for a split second before continuing to walk in front of me, his back muscles flexing as he struts.

"Yeah, for yesterday." I grumble. So what if I'm craving junk food? I got my period this morning and I personally think I look like hell with my messy bun and my flushed face. Thinking about nutrition is the last thing on my mind.

"We'll see." He chuckles as we emerge into the horrendously large airport. I always get tense being around so many people, but not people as in a crowd, but people who literally have no idea where they're going and they're most probably lost. I shuffle through them with a nervous expression and grab Wes's upper hand, suddenly feeling like I might get lost in this mess. I won't even count how many times someone bumps into me or I get ran over by a suitcase. It's a chaotic Saturday and New York is being bombarded by tourists from all different directions.

But one tourist stands out to Wes and I, in the middle of hugging couples and reunited families. He's leaning on his suitcase, casually scrolling through his phone as if he's not in the way of so many people. His sunglasses rest on the tip of his nose, daring to fall off. Maybe he senses us, but I know that he raises his head as we approach him and a smile breaks out on his face. He straightens up and gives Wes a bro hug before turning to me. He shakes his head as if he can't beileve it and hugs me tightly.

"Damn sugar, I missed you." He says, pulling away from the hug. He takes off his sunglasses and sticks them on the neckline of his shirt.

"I missed you too, C." I return with a chuckle.

"Well would you look at that?" He crosses his arms over his chest, looking at the two of us like a proud father. "The last time I saw you two together, you were ready to chop off his dick."

I scoff as he points at me but smirk quickly, looking at the boy on my left.

"That might happen today if he doesn't take me to Chipotle." I say. Wes just rolls his eyes and shifts his weight.