4.

The complete book is available for free on Inkitt. Do use my link in the description section to download the app!

 Do use my link in the description section to download the app!

It was Wednesday when she received a call on her rose gold iPhone. Rome's name flashed on it, and a gasp left her lips. A shy smile appeared, and she brought the phone to her ear. Sophie raised her brow and listened to the conversation.

"Rome," she said his name shyly.

"Are you there at your dorm room right now?"

"Yes," she answered.

"I am coming in a few minutes," he said and then hung up the phone.

A giddy smile appeared on her lips, and she turned to Sophie.

"He is coming in fifteen minutes," she squealed. Sophie's eyes widened.

"Guess he couldn't wait till the weekend," Sophie said.

Apple blushed.

"Can you give us a few hours?" she asked Sophie. She wanted to spend some time with Rome in complete privacy. Sophie gave her a knowing smile and nodded. Apple picked her phone and walked out of the room, she would greet him at the entrance.

She waited near the entrance area of her dorm housing. A tap on her shoulder had her turn. It was Chace. Her mood soured.

"Apple,"

"What are you doing here Chace?"

"I wanted to apologise," he said.

She just looked at him. It wasn't his fault, she was indeed like that. And she couldn't be upset with him, he had been such a great friend.

"It's okay Chace," she whispered.

His eyes softened, and he enveloped her in a hug.

"I don't like it when you are upset with me," he whispered, "I learnt that today."

She giggled and looked up at him. He kissed her on the forehead.

Apple felt a pair of eyes on them, and she turned in the direction. The smile on her face dropped.

It was Rome.

He had a wild menacing look on his face. His jaw clenched, and his expression was livid. He was in a sharp navy blue suit. There was a small bag in his hand as well. He stalked towards them, and Apple broke her embrace with Chace and stepped back. Rome pulled her to him and glared at Chace.

Chace was shocked, understanding dawned in his eyes. This was the guy she had met during the weekend. He too stepped away, a fear reflected on his face. Rome wrapped his hand around her shoulder.