CHRIS

A/N:  Hello! So this chapter is from Chris's point of view. I hope y'all are enjoying reading this as much as I am writing it! :)

I loved filming in Boston and I was excited to get back to work. After a summer hiatus, taking time to be with Bree, I was ready to jump back in to work full force. Today, however, ended up being a short day for me and I was done by 2 in the afternoon. So I called my mom and asked if she wanted to grab lunch.

I pulled into the diner, the same one Bree and I had come to when we first started dating, and looked for my mom's car.

I walked inside and she waved at me from the table she was at.

"Hey Ma." I leaned across the table and kissed her cheek before sitting down.

"You look like hell." She raised an eyebrow.

"That's quite the greeting." I chuckled.

"Just an observation. How's my favorite daughter-in-law?"

"She's ok." My eyes scanned the menu.

"Did you apologize for being a first class A-hole?"

"Sorta." I kept searching the menu.

"Christopher." She warned.

"Ok I tried. But I was, am, still mad at her."

My mom looked at me waiting for me to continue.

"She said she doesn't want to try to have kids. End of discussion. Actually, we never had a discussion. She went back on birth control and we never talked about it. She just said nope wasn't happening. And I WANT to try again. I want to talk to the doctors and see what our options are, what our chances are. I'm not ready to just give up."

"Bree went through something very traumatic. And she was alone."
"She wasn't alone." I interjected, "I've been with her every step. Even when she pushed me away." I muttered.

"But you weren't there when she actually lost the baby." Lisa said softly. "She's obviously still very much in pain over that. She's scared to death to go through it again, so the only logical thing to do to her is to not put herself in that situation. And as much as you may think she's being selfish saying that, she could say the same about you pushing her to try."

I looked up at my mom mulling over what she had said. Was I being selfish? I didn't think so. But I've been wrong many times before.

"So what do we do? Agreeing to disagree isn't exactly a solution."

"You have to talk it out. Fight it out. Because this will either drive you two closer together and stronger than ever or it will pull you apart and the distance will become impossible to close. Where do you want to land on the other side of this?"

I knew Bree would be home late because she had a therapy session so I ended up hanging out at Mom's the rest of the afternoon. She fed me an early dinner and then sent me home. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got home. My first thought and instinct would be to try to have sex. That's exactly what I had done last night and this morning. I just thought if we could get to that physical connection it would make everything ok. Then this morning when she told me she didn't like it and I was being too rough, it shattered me. Sex wasn't going to fix anything, and I guess I already knew that. I just wanted to be close to her and since we were both failing at communicating with words I just thought sex would be the answer.

Bree was home when I arrived, and Scott's car was parked out front too. It always made me laugh how close the 2 of them were. I knew he would be heading back to Los Angeles tomorrow so naturally he'd be at my house tonight.