3. "How much worse could it get?"

"Make way!" Lucas yelled at the crowd in front of him as he pushed through the crowd

The inside of the palace was larger than any mall I had ever been to, and that was only the entrance.

Lucas pushed through the lines of the dead and led me through with the hooded figure and the other men behind me.

I glanced around to see hundreds of people waiting patiently in line.

"Send him to Tartarus!" A voice screeched from above. I looked up and sucked in my breath. Bird-like creatures with human bodies and faces spread across the place flying across the room.

"What are they?" I whispered to Lucas.

"Harpies." He replied not looking back at her but forging ahead. "Don't look right at them. They take that as a sign of a challenge."

I quickly brought my gaze back down. I couldn't see much in front of me since I was much smaller than Lucas.

Just when I began to felt like I was going to suffocate and die, again, due to the number of people around me, Lucas pulled me out of the crowd.

I stood right in front of the entire series of lines as I took quick breaths. They all seemed...scared.

I felt my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. Why would they be scared? They were already dead.

"Your turn," Lucas whispered in my ear. I turned to look at him. My jaw dropped as I saw what stood behind him. The floor she was standing on, abruptly stopped a few feet away and a staircase was built leading to a stage, about thirty feet from the ground.

"There will be a circle on top. Go stand in the middle and wait for your judgement." Lucas said as a guard came to take her.

I stopped at the beginning step and glanced at Lucas, who nodded encouragingly. I took in a deep breath as I walked up the stairs.

I was already dead. How much worse can it get?

Oh, I hated my optimism.

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment!

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!