Chapter 124

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Four

We were the only ones in the bed and breakfast aside from the Wu Tao couple and a few staff.

Kyle was the one who told me, once he and everyone else had come out to join me in their bathing suits. I'd learned several things, the biggest being that Sebastian had temporarily bought off the bed and breakfast several weeks ago for the trip.

I digested that in silence, sitting on the edge of the pool with my legs in the warm water. I'd been asked several times if I was okay by everyone, Tiffany, Woody, Kyle, Diana, Cassidy and even Richard in his own asshole-ish way. I'd reassured them every single time that I was, but to be honest, I didn't know if I was and it clearly showed.

I didn't want to say anything about Feng-Feng or her husband. I was afraid that they'd get pissed if I did, and I wasn't so sure if something bad had been done to me. So, I sat there, kicking my legs in the water while I waited for Sebastian to come back and teach me how to swim. To hold me, and play with me, and have fun with me.

The warm humid air felt good on my skin as the wind rustled through the pool yard. Richard, Kyle, Cassidy, and Woody were roughhousing by the edge of the pool. Diana and Tiffany were in the water in circular float tubes, chatting with each other about something I couldn't follow.

I was a bit off to the side, near the corner furthest from everyone, watching. Wind rustled my hair as I crossed my ankles, tracking the movements of the wrestling werewolves.

I had noticed over the last few weeks how they'd finally begun to act like I was one of them, and I was finally finding that level ground we all could work from. I still remembered the fighting, and the yelling, and the hostile anger each one of them had felt for me. 

Now? I felt like I was one of them. I was included in banter, was spoken to with no real hatred, and I'd had so many moments that felt like they were solidifying my new beginning, my fresh start.

I smiled as Richard roared, diving on Woody's back and tackling the redheaded hybrid to the ground. Kyle quickly followed which began a puppy pile. Arms and legs kicked out in all directions. Muffled groans and numerous profanities were used. I watched the wolves play, a small smile crossing my lips.

"Woman! I can feel your hand on my ass!" Richard snarled, earning a deep laugh from both Diana and Tiffany.

"And it's such a nice ass, too!" Cassidy purred, raising a hand and giving his muscular speedo-clad butt such a hard, wet smack that I heard it from all the way across the pool. Richard's angry roar was all the confirmation I needed to know that he wasn't really digging it. 

I chuckled quietly and lowered my eyes to the water again, fiddling with one of my braids. The memory of what Feng-Feng and her husband had done to me came back strong and my mirth faded, however, making my face fall back into the familiar lines of worry.

So much was going to be happening soon... I'd be meeting Mephostes at the party, I'd have to watch out for Lydia Antoinette and try to avoid her at all costs, and I'd have to be in the spotlight for a while.

I was already nervous and after everything I had already gone through, I still had to see what Steven had decided, and then I would have to head back to Michigan and see what the deal with the old lady was.

I sighed, closing my eyes. 

At least I had my wolves.

My pack.

My family.

I felt a presence take shape behind me and shivered as a chill went through my body. I heard a rustle and warmth washed across my back, soothing the internal cold.