4. God of the Underworld's new warrior

I was wrong

I was wrong.

I bet you, readers, wish you had a dollar for every time you heard that sentence in books.

Once I had gotten onto the stage, I found the circle and walked to the centre. An empty throne stood in front of me.

"State your name, age and mother's name." A female voice boomed.

"Illiana Eliza James. Eighteen and eleven months. Eliza James." I said as loudly as I could without yelling.

Then it flew at me.

Before I could see it coming, I fell on the ground, my head hitting the cold hard floor. I opened my eyes to see an old lady sitting on top of me. Her eye sacks looked like they were clawed out.

"Hey! What the hell!" I asked trying to push her off.

"Stay still! I'm trying to see." She screeched. She put her hand in a pocket and pulled out an eyeball.

"No!" I screamed as I pushed her off. I don't care what anyone else would have done in my position but if some random wacko pulls out an eye and sits on me, I'm pushing them away.

"Get her on the ground!" The lady screeched as she struggled to get up from the ground like a bug turned on it's back.

I looked to my sides to see two more crazy old ladies running towards me. I planned to run towards one and push it on the other but before I could do so, the bats fell to their knees. I looked towards the room to see everybody else did the same. Even Lucas. Everyone except the hooded figure, who stood lazily leaned against a pillar.

"Is there a problem here?" A voice like steel spoke behind me. I took a few breaths, readying myself before turning.

I did not know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't what stood in front of me.

My brown eyes met his black ones. His eyes were dark like the colour left by a died out fire. I stood speechless. His hair was messy and long over his eyes. He pushed it back with his hand but it managed to make it's way forward again.

He looked like he was in his mid-twenties, wearing a complete black outfit with a black cloak flowing behind him.

He was really good looking, no strike that, he was hot. And that was something I usually didn't notice.

I snapped myself out of the gaze and frowned in confusion. "Um. Yes, there is a problem." I pointed at Crazy Bat no 1. "That one tried to sit on me."

The man in front of me didn't reply for a few seconds and then a smile slowly tugged on his lips. "What's your name?"

"Illiana Eliza James," I replied and quickly added. "Your grace."

I hadn't bowed or fallen on my knees, so I assumed that was the least I could do.

"Tell me, Eliza." He began as he made his way to the empty throne. "How did you die?"

I licked my lips. "A terrorist attack," I replied. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the entire truth either.

The man nodded slowly, without asking any more questions. "Did you give Charon a gold coin, perhaps?"

I nodded, still unclear if this was Hades, himself or Death, Thanatos.

"Eliza ⎯ " he started.

"Illiana." I corrected. "Eliza was my mother's name."

"⎯ Illiana." He corrected himself, musing. I don't think anyone ever corrected him. "I'm Hades, the god of the dead and the king of the underworld."

He paused like he was thinking. When he began to smirk, I knew I was in trouble. "And you, my dear, are my new warrior."

A low gasp filled the room as I noticed the guards around the room turned to each other and began whispering. I glanced back at Lucas. I would never forget the look he had on his face since till date, I have never seen another man look that scared.

I hope you liked it!Vote and comment!

Vote and comment!