Chapter 29: In Need of Aid

"What do you mean she has to stay one more day?"

Draco was standing next to Katherine's bed with his arms crossed, staring at Madam Pomfrey with narrowed eyes.

"As I said," she gave the Slytherin a look. "I would like Ms Bright to stay here for one more day."

"What for?!"

"Maybe she wants her to clean the Hospital Wing or something," the blonde-haired Gryffindor said sarcastically as she was getting herself ready to leave.

"And why can she leave, then? Didn't the two of them have the same problem?"

"Similar, but not quite the same," Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"Oh, come on!" Draco rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me that you cannot fix a broken ankle just like that," he said, snapping with his fingers.

"I would appreciate it if you would trust me with my job, Mr Malfoy."

"And I'd appreciate it if you would actually do your job, Madam Pomfrey."

Katherine's eyes widened at his words.

"Draco!"

"What?! Don't tell me I'm not right here!"

"She won't, but I will," Kenna crossed her arms on her chest. "You're absolutely not right."

"And what are you still doing here?" He gave the Gryffindor a cold look.

"None of your business," she shot back.

"Please," Madam Pomfrey raised her voice. "I would like to ask you both to leave."

"Why?" The girl asked in shock. "I didn't say anything!"

"If only that was the truth," Draco mumbled.

"You too, Mr Malfoy! Let the girl rest!"

"I didn't even get the chance to talk to her!"

"Maybe you should've thought about that before you opened your mouth."

The doors to the Hospital Wing suddenly opened, which caused them to fall quiet.

Two tall guys walked in, one holding his nose while the other was supporting him.

The guy with the bloody nose glanced up, then a smirk appeared on his lips.

"Oh, no way, no freaking way..." Draco started shaking his head.

"Hey guys," Aiden gave the group a grin.

"You again, Mr Stone?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she walked up to him.

"What can I say? Trouble always seems to find me... But maybe it was destiny this time," he said, winking at Katherine in the process.

"Destiny? That 6th-year girl from Ravenclaw? Did she break your nose, Stone?" Kenna asked him with a smirk.

"Oh, hello Blondie," he turned his attention to her. "Are you still..."

"Yes, yes I am."

"Good to know," he nodded slightly.

"Please sit down," Madam Pomfrey told Aiden. "I'll fix you up as soon as they leave," she turned back towards the blondes.

"No, I'm not leaving if he stays," Draco stated.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice. Go," she pointed towards the exit.

"But –"

"It's okay, Draco," the Hufflepuff sent him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..."