6. "No one touches a woman without her permission."

I stood in line in the courtyard with a metal plate in my hand waiting for my dinner

I stood in line in the courtyard with a metal plate in my hand waiting for my dinner. Since I wasn't sent to Elysium or Tartarus, my soul couldn't rest yet and I still had to eat.

I wasn't complaining. The place smelled so good that my mouth began to water almost immediately.

I got weird looks from everyone that was around me: the other warriors, the cooks, the maids. I guess being the only female warrior will do that to you.

I moved forward in line, holding out my plate so that the servers could place the food on it.

"Find what you like?" Ansel spoke behind me.

"It's funny how I had to die to get a proper bed and some good food," I reply.

"You struggled? Damn. Your brother's hand me downs that you were wearing, did not tell me that." He replied sarcastically. My older clothes were a baggy torn, not ripped, pants and a, few sizes too big, black shirt.

"How long are they going to stare at me like that?" I asked as I waited for him to get his last dish and walk with me to a seat.

"Till you prove it to them that you are a good enough warrior." He replied. "A lot of them died hundreds of years ago. They still believe that a woman's place is in the kitchen."

"How old are you?" I asked as we walked towards an empty table on the side of the square beside my room.

He was about to reply when a guy whistled and hooted at me from the other side of the room. I flicked him my middle finger and walked right ahead. The guy didn't stop so I didn't bother giving him the attention.

"So how old are you?" I repeated as I continued walking forward. I stopped as I felt a hand touch my ass. I turned to see a guy grinning from ear to ear. His breath smelled of wine. I moved away and balanced my tray on one hand.

Before he could see it coming, I slapped him as hard as I could with my free right hand.

He looked like he wanted to punch me but instead dropped to his knees. Like everyone else in the room. I looked around to see a familiar face leaning against one of the pillars. Why does nobody tell me when the king enters.

Hades looked at me and gestured me forward. I placed my plate on the closest table and made my way to him stepping on a few feet here and there.

When I got to him, he turned around and began walking towards my room. I followed him, not knowing what else to do. He opened the door and gestured for me to enter.

I placed my hand on my new weapon, a dagger. No matter who he is, I'm not staying defenceless.

"I'm sorry about the way you've been treated." He said. He was standing a few paces in front of me.

"It is fine. I'm sure the guy was drunk and it really didn't affect me." I lied.

A knock on the door prevented him from replying. Ansel walked in and his eyes darted between us.

"Kremáste tis báles tou," Hades told him. I blinked trying to figure out what he said. Ansel nodded once, his face grim and then left the room. Hades turned back to my confused face and chuckled lightly. "It's Greek. You'll learn soon enough."

"I doubt that," I replied and quickly added. "My grace."

Hades frowned. "Don't call me "grace". Hades is good enough. How many people have you called "grace" before?"

"Well, counting the two hundred and seventy-one kings and queens I've met..." I joked.

Hades chuckled, his face lighting up as he smiled. The door opened again as Ansel walked in and smiled in confusion as he tried to figure out what made Hades laugh.

"It's done." He said and closed the door again.

Hades' smile quickly disappeared. He placed his hand in mine and led me out of the room into the courtyard. Everybody stood in a crowd around the centre but I couldn't see what they were looking at.

Hades turned to me, still holding my hand in his. "I don't know what you're going to think of me after this. But it is who I am. Don't be scared."

I licked my lips as the crowd slowly moved away giving me a clear view of what lied in the centre.

I let out a gasp as my hands went up to cover it.

Right in the middle of the courtyard, on a table, lined in order was the private parts of the man who touched me.

And beside it, was his head.

Hades walked forward and addressed the crowd. "No one touches a woman without her permission."

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment!

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment!