- 7 -

CHAPTER 7

Finally leaving for school, you were so happy. You were completely and utterly exhausted and drained. You waved a goodbye to your friends as you walked to your house.

On your way home, you heard a distant chuckle. You looked around to see no one and decided to ignore it completely.

Finally arriving home, you went to your room and changed out of your clothes immediately.

As you finally changed back into your comfortable clothes, you stood in your bathroom and brushed your teeth. Chat Noir came into your mind.

'Is he at least safe?'

Suddenly, you heard a knock on your window. You quickly spit out the toothpaste in your mouth, poured water into your mouth, spit it out and then washed the toothbrush. You walked out of your bathroom, and looked around.

No one.

In confusion, you hummed and walked towards your bed.

Ready to get in, you heard another knock. You looked at the window to see Chat Noir. Your heart filled. Your spirits lifted as you ran towards the window and opened it.

"Eager to see me, Princess?" He asked, a smirk on his lips. You smiled at him and leaned in, pulling him into your embrace.

"I missed you." You spit out. You heard Chat chuckle as he placed his hands on your waist, hugging you back.

You felt a spark jolt in you as he touched you and you pulled away slowly, looking at the cat. His hands still on your hips, you smiled at him.

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, I haven't visited. I was sick for a while." He said. You nodded, understanding.

"Oh alright. I hope you're a lot better." You said. Chat gave you a nod.

"I am, thank you. How have you been?" Chat sighed, sitting down on your bed. You trotted behind, crashing beside him.

"Ugh, well. It's been ordinary. I was worried about you for the last week! So I kind of didn't focus." You said, looking at Chat.

Chat smirked. "You were worried about me, Princess?" He asked. You laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was worried about Paris." You said.

Chat let out a small laugh.

"Yeah, yeah Y/n, whatever helps you sleep at night." He waved his hand at you. You scoffed and stood up.

"Yeah, We both know you find an interest in me, Chat Noir." You walked towards your mirror and took your hair out of its ponytail. You brushed it down and flipped it to your right side.

Turning to Chat Noir, he looks away quickly.

"Take a picture, love. It'll last longer. Maybe you can hang it up in your litter box." You smiled, placing a hand on your waist.

Chat Noir smirked and turned to you. He stood up and walked towards you, leaning in close. So close, you could feel his breath on your lips.

"What if i want something else?" He whispered, his voice suddenly raspy. You held your breath as you looked at him, your hands fidgeting.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He smirked, backing away from you. You released the long breath you held in for so long.

"Shut up." You mumbled, pushing his chest and walking towards your bed.

"You know, I like your hair like that. How come you don't have a boyfriend?" He asked you, following you and sitting next to you, once again.

You let out a laugh and turned to Chat.

"Me? A boyfriend? Ha! Yeah right!" You laughed. Chat raised an eyebrow.

You stopped laughing. "Oh my god, you weren't kidding." You replied. Chat blankly looked at you.

"Well, um. I don't know. I've just never looked for one before. I've kinda just been going with my own flow for... well, forever." You said, looking down at the floor again.

"You're telling me, no one has had a crush on you or confessed to you in any way and that you've never liked anyone either?" Chat Noir asked, looking at you. You felt his eyes on you.

"Nope." You replied. Chat Noir scoffed as he lied back on your bed.

"I'm telling you Y/n. You're just not looking hard enough. You, my dear princess, are what people call blind, here in Paris. Ever heard of the term?" Chat said. You laughed and smacked his arm lightly.

"Chat!" You whined. He chuckled.

"I'm kidding!"

"You better be!"