1.3.31: Assassin

With a black face mask, the figure that stood in front of him dressed in all black as well. The figure belonged to a women with pitch black eyes.

Zhou Ming and her eyes met and they both stared at each other. Her eyes were very familiar to him, he just couldn't remember where he last saw her.

She pulled out an inconspicuous pistol and aimed rapidly to shoot at him, to which he dodged. She pulled out another pistol and used both of her hands to shoot in his direction.

Zhou Ming jumped and hid behind the sofa, using the furniture to dodge the bullets that were meant to take his life. Unfortunately, the material was not strong enough and one of the bullets pierced through, hitting his shoulder.

He groaned and yelled out, "Stop!"

Surprisingly, the bullets did. He slowly stood up and looked at the mysterious woman. "Why do you want my life?"

She did not answer. She continued to look at him with her empty and dark eyes. She raised her pistols again, but Zhou Ming jumped on her, causing both of them to stumble on the coffee table which shattered it into numerous, sharp pieces.

Zhou Ming flinched when he felt the small shards digging into his skin, but the woman did not even flinch. She merely raised the pistols again to attack like she was a programmed robot. Zhou Ming grabbed both of her arms and tried to wrestle the weapons out of her hand. She raised her knee and kneed him harshly in his gut, which made him yelp in pain.

But before she managed to get the upper hand, Zhou Ming plastered his much larger and heavier body on her small one, making it impossible for her to escape. He finally forced her to drop her weapons and grabbed both of her wrists in one hand. Using his other hand, he yanked away the mask and the face that was under didn't startle him as much as he expected.

"So the old bitch finally decided to make a move, huh?" He murmured underneath his breath, to which the girl heard.

Seeing that he was distracted momentarily, she raised her head and bit hard on his hand, causing for him to let her go. Pulling out a hidden dagger, she embedded it in his chest with as much might as she could.

Seeing him drop and bleed, her expressionless face finally cracked a smile. "You know, I've never failed an assignment and I wasn't going to let you be the first. I had fun playing with you. See you for when I'm in hell." Turning around, she was going to leave but felt a strong hand grip her ankle.

"Not so fast..." Zhou Ming weakly muttered. The girl tried to shake off his grip, but suddenly, she felt multiple arms restraining her.

"You son of a bitch!" She cursed as she was fully held back by a few men. Approximately a dozen men had entered the penthouse and were helping Zhou Ming or standing for orders.

"You didn't think you'd be the first person trying to assassinate the Zhou heir, did you?" Zhou Ming chuckled but winced at the pain. "Nor will you be the last, Jing Yun." He had pushed the button to page his main assistant, but luckily, his assistant was smart enough to listen in and hear what was going on, hence sending the men.

Jing Yun was shocked that he remembered her name. Seeing her face, Zhou Ming added, "Did you really think I wouldn't investigate you if you're working with the snake? Yes I couldn't find anything on your fake name... But I do recall knowing about the little sister of Jing Hao, Jing Xue. The infamous assassin of the dark and brutal Jing family... You really made this too easy for me the moment you stepped into my penthouse and tried to murder me."

He wondered why the old lady had picked such a time to attack, but suddenly remembered that his brother was finally home. His naïve, carefree brother that was easy for her to manipulate if he became heir. Which is why it seemed like the snake felt like it was the right time to make a move.

"My older brother—"

"Can not save you unless I say so. Better cooperate, don't you think?" Zhou Ming gave her one of his mischievous smirks which made Jing Xue want to yell in frustration.

Suddenly, he felt dizzy as the impact of his wounds and blood loss finally hit him. One of his men helped him walk as they had already prepared to take him to the hospital. Before he left, he left specific orders of making sure she did not escape and where to locate her...