1.3.34: Dangerously Curious

When Zhou Ming opened his eyes, the first person he saw was a sickly Xiao Yunhua with a bandage wrapped around her head. Panicking, he tried to get up but immediately groaned from a sharp pain.

Xiao Yunhua noticed his movements and quickly held him down. "You can't move around too much. You need to heal."

"What happened? All I remember is—"

"Your accident... your assistant texted me using your phone that you had an accident. What kind of accident was that severe to get you so many wounds?" Realizing that she didn't know about the accident, Zhou Ming was relieved. She didn't need to know such irreverent information. His assistant was clever.

Instead of being truthful with her, he answered, "Just an unlucky day... Seeing you here, I guess you're not angry at me anymore?"

Xiao Yunhua pouted. How could she still be angry when he experienced near-death? "I had to transfer blood to you."

"So you have the same..." His sentence faltered as he looked at her with his dark eyes. No emotion could be seen in them. Had it been anyone else, they would've been afraid. In fact, Xiao Yunhua was a little bit afraid as well. She couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Yes I do. Consider it a life-saving coincidence."

Zhou Ming didn't respond and closed his eyes. A comfortable silence fell on the two until the nurse barged in and took his vitals and gave him pain relievers. Xiao Yunhua noticed the time and stood up to leave since he needed to rest.

Bidding Zhou Ming goodbye, she was immediately ushered back to her hospital room to rest. She needed to rest as the sudden blood loss from her body caused her to be dizzy. On her hospital bed, she contemplated on whether or not she was doing the right thing. Would her grandmother want to see her so wicked? But as she was already in so deep. She couldn't give up yet until she served Han Mi the justice that she deserved.

After that incident, a month went by peacefully as Zhou Ming used it to recuperate. In that time period, it had been uneventful and nothing seemed to have happened. Xiao Yunhua has gotten released a few days after his accident, but she used her spare time to check up on him and take care of him. Even though he was still wary, the relationship between the two had gotten a bit warmer. They regarded each other not just for use, but as a friend of some sort.

In that time, many people had come to visit Zhou Ming, including the blonde stranger Xiao Yunhua saw. She later found out that he was the last Zhou brother, Zhou Lu, who had been traveling the world. At first, she was confused about why he would be away for such a long time, but knowing the Zhou family, she could make an assumption.

Today was the day that Zhou Ming was going to be released from the hospital. Xiao Yunhua had made sure  to look presentable as there was a high chance for paparazzi since someone leaked his accident. As she walked to the hospital to his room, she heard voices inside that resembled yelling. Once she used her enhanced senses, she picked up the last bits of the conversation.

"Control her until I say otherwise. Can't have her escape when I'm finally getting out of the hospital." Zhou Ming furiously said in the phone and then hung up. Xiao Yunhua gasped quietly and tried to walk away, but Zhou Ming had heard her already.

"Leaving without saying hello?"

She looked at him. He wore a crisp suit and looked like he belonged on a magazine. No sign of fatigue or sickness was detected on his Adonis face. His whirlpools of obsidian distracted her but she didn't let them sway her completely as she questioned, "Who was that?"

"Don't worry about it." Zhou Ming's dark eyes made her a bit afraid but she once again, curiosity and fear got the best of her.

"Who is the girl you aren't letting escape?"

A brief flash appeared in his eyes before he calmly blinked it away. "Just a dog."

"Y-You wouldn't be doing something illegal against the girl?" When she uttered those words, she immediately felt like she should smack herself. The man was dangerous. Obviously he had more behind-the-scene than he was letting on. She didn't want him to see her as noisy.

For the first time since she had known Zhou Ming, he grew angry. He clenched his fists and she slowly backed away but her back hit a wall. With his shadow overpowering her, she shivered.

He lowered his head and whispered in her ear, his warm breath tickling her shoulder. "You... Shouldn't stick your nose in places it doesn't belong."

This man that she had silly delusions of being friends with was also the infamous demon. She really should stop being stupid and delusional.

She pushed him away and stood firmly despite still scared. "I shouldn't have come." Her eyes unknowingly grew wet. She lowered her head and walked off.

She was a few steps ahead when she noticed people crowding around her and stopping her. "Excuse me."

"Are you Miss Xiahu Yunhua?"

She paused and looked up. Immediately, her eyes fell on the police badge that they carried. Confident that she hasn't done anything wrong, she nodded. Trying to walk off, they blocked her again.

"You are under arrest for murdering Mr. Qiang Luo."

When she heard those words, Xiao Yunhua felt like her world had shattered...