1.3.40: Trial (I)

The judge appeared and they all stood up, greeting him. Slowly, Ling Qiu's lawyer stood up and stated their case. She had made the claims that Xiahu Yunhua had murdered Qiang Luo, who was like an uncle to Ling Qiu. The lawyer hadn't presented her evidence, just her words. She had directed the attention to Ling Qiu, who had tears in her eyes, and if Ling Qiu hadn't shown her true face to Xiao Yunhua already, she would've fell for it as well. It seemed by the way everyone attentively listened to the lawyer, she had begun her manipulative methods. It seemed like Kang Yiyi had spent her money well.

Then, she sat down and it was Xiao Yunhua's turn. Calmly, she stood and eyed the judge collectedly. The judge, along with everyone else, were impressed by how calm she was. They didn't know that she had turned on her calming effect and was letting it control her emotions. It didn't allow for her anxiety and her stress to display. She explained herself and how she would never do such a horrendous thing. Her rebuttal was composed, exactly like she appeared. The people that were easily swayed by the tears of Ling Qiu were somewhat persuaded by the poise of Xiao Yunhua. Xiao Yunhua didn't have a lawyer nor did she know what arrangements Zhou Ming had made, so she was fending for herself in that area.

Then the lawyer stood up and presented their evidence. The more she spoke and explained, the more Xiao Yunhua internally panicked. It was way too late for the system to help her and now, all she could do was depend on Zhou Ming and his words. Were they empty promises or genuine? Would she fail her mission here?

Afterwards, there was actually a man pushed forward to be a witness that Xiao Yunhua had left her purse on that day she visited and Qiang Luo died. He could confirm because he was working a shift as the security guard that day and the contents of the purse were displayed for everyone to see. On the purse, there looked to be her fingerprints colored and on display, as well as report confirming that it was really hers, next to it.

At this point, Xiao Yunhua took a deep breath but her hands were shaking. Luckily, they weren't visible or else they would see that they were finally beginning her physically impact her. Xiao Yunhua felt a large hand cover her shaking one. She turned her head and noticed a stoic Zhou Ming looking forward, as though he was paying attention to everything.

Then it was their turn and Zhou Ming ushered for the man that Xiao Yunhua hadn't seen to speak up. First, they encountered that the drug was a rare drug to get, so how did she manage to get her hands on the substance? At that period, Xiao Yunhua and Zhou Ming were not dating, so she didn't have that source either. Next, he mentioned how the audio was very odd. Her answers became more and more quiet and seemed more manipulated. Finally, he ushered for the security camera to show that Ling Qiu was pushing Xiao Yunhua in the room, urgently, and showed a different security guard in that area. Yes the man was a security guard and did have a shift, but not anywhere near Qiang Luo.

Xiao Yunhua was amazed at the power that this man next to her held. He easily contradicted their words with their own evidence, what else was he going to do?