7~Still on the Plane (Still Sucks)

"Hey, think about something other than the plane alright?" Jungkook tried again with me.

My eyes were locked outside the window as we passed a few parked airplanes before heading out into the open runways. He sighed a little and reached over, sliding the window screen shut and blocking my view from the outside world.

"Love Genie, eyes on me okay?" Jungkook now poked my cheek.

I glanced at him. "Why?" my voice was strained and tight.

"Try and focus on something other than the plane okay?"

"Like how you cried on your first plane ride?"

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. "Yeah, sure. Focus on that."

"How old were you?"

"Thirteen."

"You knew the members when you were thirteen?"

"Yeah, they basically raised me."

"Did you cry a lot?" I tensed when the engines began to increase in volume.

We were about to take off. I began to look back towards the window instinctively despite the screen covering over it.

Jungkook caught my chin and gently, but firmly guided my face back at him. "Yeah I cried a lot. And hard. For my mom just like Hoseok said."

The engines seemed to only be growing louder and louder. I didn't remember the engines being this loud last time I flew on an airplane.

"Guess how long I cried after take off," Jungkook's voice could just be heard over the thunder.

"Thirty minutes?"

"An hour and a half."

I blinked, attention grabbed ever so slightly.

Jungkook offered a small thin smile. "I won't speak about us holding hands if you don't bring up my first flight incident."

"Deal." My breath caught in my throat as the plane began to lunge forward, picking up momentum.

"Ow," Jungkook winced as my grip tightened even more. "Y/N that hurts, like for real."

The plane was increasing speed.

"This is it, I'm gonna die," I breathed as my stomach dropped a little as we began to lift of the ground.

"I'm going to die if you don't loosen your grip, geez, how strong are you," Jungkook finally managed to free his hand.

I resulted to grabbing the armrests of my chair in iron-like grip while Jungkook cradled his fingers to his chest.

And then we lifted off the ground.

My stomach dropped and my heart leapt to my chest. I wanted nothing more to be in my lamp. Anywhere but here on the plane.

"Holy shi— Y/N," Jungkook gasped beside me. "Yo Love Genie, your hands!"

I risked a glance down and surprise shot through me, making me almost forget about the plane. Almost.

My hands were in white-knuckled grips on the armrests and golden light swirled around them, leaving dark scourge marks on the armrests where I was gripping.

I let go quickly of the armrests and the golden light immediately vanished. "That's... never happened before," I whispered.

I knew the color of my magic was golden, as was every Love Genie magic color just like white was Ghost Genies and blue was Oracle Genies. But the only time I really saw it was when auras turned golden, signaling the effects of my magic.