Bonus Chapter

***

***

"Uncle Chim, I think you should calm down," a four year old Levi suggests while I run my fingers roughly though my hair.

I looked down to him who's calmly seated on the hospital bench near the delivery room.

"I think you're right," I agreed to him and sat down beside him but my mind continues to be in chaos.

For three years, we've been trying. For three years we've been waiting. And now that the long wait of nine months has come to an end, I feel like I am still not ready.

Sora arrived with the other things we've left back at home due to the abrupt breaking of her bag of water We've been really attentive these past weeks and been so anxious.

"You look like you're going out of your mind Jimin," Sora teased.

"I am," I said shrugging while I bounce my leg up and down in nervousness.

Sora started chuckling and started walking to her private room where she's currently being prepped to push. Once the door opened I can hear her pained whimpers behind the curtain. For a minute there, I am terrified to enter.

The midwife immerged from behind the curtain and hailed me to come in. i reluctantly stood up and she handed me a hospital gown with hairnet.

I quickly wore it and took in a sharp inhale before moving the curtains. Once I did, I saw her smiling up at me, her eyes teary.

"Babe," I smiled back at her warmly and neared her.

I held her hand and kissed her forehead.

"We can do this," I encouraged her as she nods.

"I know we can," she responded, her voice weak from all the labor hours she endured.

"Okay Hea, are you ready to push?" her midwife asked.

"Yes," she answered eagerly.

I haven't realized I've been holding my breath for that long until she started pushing. I started breathing hard at how that looks so painful.

"Very good Hea, now do that again but longer," the midwife praised her.

Again, Hea did push a bit longer and we've been on like that for atleast 3 minutes.

A piercing cry was heard in the room as the midwife shows us our lovely baby.

Tears started running down our eyes at the pure joy we're flooded by.

"Oh baby, you're beautiful," Hea cooed and I know she'll be a perfect mother to our child.

Sora started tearing up too. All her brothers are waiting outside patiently with Levi and Yoongi.

I kissed Hea on the lips and forehead again.

"I love you Park Hea, I love you so much," I said with tears.

"I love you too," she smiled widely and kissed our child's forehead.

The midwife and nurses were quick to clean her up and our baby wrapping him with the clothes Sora picked herself.

They carried the baby back to Hea to have his first dose of milk. After what seems like forever, Hea turned her attention to me.

"Come here babe, he won't bite," she teased. I wasn't even aware I was sitting far from them.

Sora started chuckling.

"I'll call them in now," she said and stood up to leave the room.

I hesitantly reached for the baby and held him gebtly in my arms. Anither wave of pure joy took over me and tears started pricking my eyes again.

"Hello Jeongguk," I greeted him for the very first time.

•••