M E E T I N G

"Bella!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs

I sat up on my bed resting my book beside my nightstand. I walk downstairs to find my mother sitting at the dining table with her hands crossed in front of her 'important business' i thought.

"Yes, mother?" I take a seat across from hers, cocking my eyebrow at her.

"Honey, we have a very important dinner tonight." my mother got up from her chair and moved to the seat right next to mine.

I made a questionable face as I try to read any sort of emotion from her face.

"Mom, what's this really about?" I ask with a little bit of hesitation. I straighten my position and leaned on my right to face her.

"You know I love your dad." my mom reaches over and takes my hand in hers.

"Mom" I whisper, my voice barely audible as my nerves start to kick in.

"This dinner is for you to meet my fiancée" my mother glances down.

Wait, fiancé? Did I hear right?

"Your kidding." I chuckle out loud, my mother gives me a serious look wait it wasn't a joke

"The dinner starts at 7, please just do it for me." My mom pleaded before she stood up and walked away leaving me with questions and thoughts.

I stomp upstairs to my room, upset at how my mother hid this from me. She told me that she would never move on from my dad and that their love was endlessly, endlessly my ass.

I comb through my hair while salty tears trailed down my cheeks. I mean don't get me wrong she deserves to move on it's been 2 years but I'm ready to.

'This isn't helping.' I whisper to myself while glancing between my two opinions. I pulled the black dress in front of me testing it out against my body, this one is a for sure no.

I pulled on the other dress which was red against my body, I tilted my head to the side trying to decide which one looked the best.

"How about this one?" My mother's voice echoed throughout my room, I turned around to find my mom leaning against my door frame with a white beautiful dress in hand.

"I'm fine." I hissed, clearly still upset over this whole fiancée bullshit.

I tried rushing over to my closet but my mom was fast enough to grab my elbow, stopping me. I snapped my head in her direction, she was in tears.

"Don't cry." I whisper relaxing my intense face, maybe I'm being too harsh on her. "I'll wear the white dress."

"Thank you, Bunny." My mom smiles weakly at me while passing the white, beautiful dress to me. "I'll wait downstairs, please hurry." She pats my shoulder before walking out.

The food better be damn good.

I looked at my reflection in my mirror, I patted down the white dress that held every curve of mine with such an innocent shimmer. I applied my rosie-tinted lipgloss before walking downstairs releasing my hair from the bun I had it in, my blonde hair started flowing everywhere as I walked outside joining my mom.