(194) Don't Force Me to Go Back Okay?

After waking up from a nap, she felt as if she had been crushed by a roller. She ached from head to toe. Chu Qing-Yan expanded a great deal of effort to open her eyes. She planned to get up but wasn't careful and pulled at the wound on her shoulder. A burst of sharp pain woke her up in an instant.

She lifted up her right hand to cover her left shoulder, then fumbled until she touched the gauze under her cloth. The memories of the things she experienced the night before began to return one by one. Finished recalling everything, she lightly sighed. She got injured again, really bad luck! This time, she didn't know how long she would need to recuperate. It better not affect Big Block of Ice's course of travel and tempo.

Her slight movement didn't escape Xiao Xu's ears. He stood up and walked to the side of the bed. One hand lifted up the mosquito net and placed it on the silver hook, and afterwards he sat down by her bedside. "How do you feel?"

Hearing this voice, Chu Qing-Yan lifted up her head. She looked at him with eyes that had a faint watery light, at that time she thought her little life was lost for sure. But when Big Block of Ice's figure flashed through her mind, she didn't know where the strength came from, but she used it to move her body slightly to the side. Otherwise that palm strike would have hit her heart instead of her shoulder.

"It's nothing, I'm very good." The voice that was slightly choked with sobs still tried to pretend to be in good health.

The space in Xiao Xu's heart softened, his hand extended out to tuck in the quilt on her body properly. In a gentle tone, he said. "Everything has already passed, no need to be afraid."

It was rare that Big Block of Ice would be so gentle to her, the lingering fear in her heart was removed. Hearing this, Chu Qing-Yan's nose sniffled and said. "Sure enough, they are Jianghu's most dangerous people. Even their hearts are vicious. I have never seen such malicious people. To actually kill the customers then sell them as food for the next bunch of guests, then to kill the next bunch of guests. Such a cycle earned so much conscienceless money, don't know how their hearts could be peaceful?"

"People's hearts are unfathomable. The outside world is like this, the strong preys on the weak. This is only the beginning, following this there will be many more frightening things you need to face. If you are afraid, this king will dispatch people to send you back to the capital and let you be together with your parents. At the same time, this king will also dispatch people to protect you guys."

He said he was going to protect her well, but it hasn't been a few days and she was already injured. Xiao Xu started to doubt whether on this journey he could really protect her to be safe and sound.

That instant last night when he saw her spit out blood, all of a sudden his heart hurt. Starting last night, he started to question himself if in fact at that time, the decision he made to take her with him when leaving the capital was wrong.

"No, no, no, I'm not a bit afraid. Even if I was injured by a palm strike, even if that broadsword had landed, I never gave up on the hope in my heart. I knew you would definitely come to save me." When Chu Qing-Yan heard he wanted her to return to the capital, she immediately became worried. With great difficulty she was finally able to accompany Big Block of Ice, she definitely didn't want to just give up like this halfway through. Moreover, she hadn't even traveled halfway okay? They only left the capital and was on the road for a mere few days!

Hearing her trust in him, Xiao Xu's heart felt somewhat painful. Even though he finally arrived and didn't let her confidence in him down, but he still let her get injured. He couldn't help but reach out and stroke her long hair that was loose and scattered on the pillow. In a consulting manner he said. "Now we have merely traveled several days worth of distance from the capital, if you want to go back, there is still time."