23. brother against brother

C H A P T E R  2 3

❛ brother against brother ❜

QUINN

     HER BONES WERE ACHING FROM THE STONE COLD FLOOR she was seated on. Her wrists felt as though they were on fire from the rope that bound them together. The only light in the cell came from a small bulb that dangled down from the ceiling. It was just bright enough for her to make out Daryl's silhouette across the room. His presence made her even more nervous. He seemed like a force of nature, seated there against the wall with a raging fire burning in his eyes.

For at least the twentieth time her eyes scanned the room, hoping against hope she would find something that could give them a way out of here. But, just like all the times before, there was nothing but walls and dust.

After Daryl had run out of rounds too they'd tried to make a run towards the wall but they weren't fast enough. The Governor's men surrounded them and took them prisoner. Quinn wasn't worried about herself, instead all her energy went into worrying about Milo and Michonne. She could only hope her brother wouldn't do something stupid to try and get to her. But at least he had a group watching his back. Michonne had gone off on her own...

She felt slightly offended that the woman hadn't told her about her plan to split off from the group. I was probably because Michonne knew she would've tried to stop her. And for good reason. For all Quinn knew she was dead, murdered by the very man who had captured their friend with his pretty lies and poisonous smiles. And she was probably next. She didn't expect to live through the night. Whatever the Governor had planned for them, it wasn't going to be pretty.