two

I sighed, quickly rummaging through the drawer. I was already late to work, but I'd just noticed I'd finished the little notebook I always kept in the pocket of my coat, and there was no way I was leaving the house without it. I knew by then that inspiration often strikes at the oddest times, and I had no intention of keeping it at the back of my mind for it to just become a shadow of what it could've been later on.

I went through the multitude of notepads, furrowing my eyebrows when I kept stumbling over too big or already finished ones, not having expected to buy new ones that soon - and not looking forward to, either. I'd taken to only buying ones I considered pretty - the fact that it took months to finish one allowing me to, and I hadn't found any that had caught my attention lately.

I stopped in my tracks when something at the very back of the drawer caught my attention, and I slowly pulled it out. It was a small notepad, with a black leather cover, that was a bit dusty from having been forgotten at the back of the drawer. I didn't remember when I'd bought it, but after all most of the time I had no idea of where almost half of my notepads were from, so I quickly decided it wasn't a big deal and shoved it in the pocket of my black coat, shutting the drawer quickly and leaving the room.

For some reason the drive to the museum was way shorter than I'd expected it to be, and I found myself stepping inside the building not too long later - and surely on time, which was quite surprising considering that I'd definitely left the house way later than usual.

"Heya" Louis said as soon as I walked through the door and I jumped, not having expected him to already be there.

"Hey" I said, turning to glance at him, putting up my most unimpressed look to make up for my previous reaction, but the smirk that found its way on his face told me that he certainly didn't miss it. "I thought you were supposed to come here later?"

He shrugged, following me as we made the way towards the private cloak room of the museum. "I was, but I'm bringing some news" he announced, and I gave him a little questioning glance as I opened the door, stepping inside. "You know I went out with Liam yesterday, right?"

I nodded, taking off my coat and hanging it. "Sure, why?" I asked him, not really sure where he was going with that. It wasn't unusual for him and Liam to hang out together, we were all friends, after all.

"Well I met a guy. A quite good looking one" he said, the tone of his voice suggestive.

I sent him a confused look. "I didn't know you liked men?" I asked. I didn't have any issues with it, obviously, it had just come as quite a surprise.

He rolled his eyes at my question, as if he knew of a secret irony in my reply that I wasn't aware of. "I don't. I meant, for you."

"You know I have a boyfriend, right?" I asked him, a frown on my face. I knew he wasn't exactly a fan of Nicholas, but that seemed a bit too far even for him, considering we'd been dating for two years. Trying to set me up with someone else at that point was just wrong.

He sighed at my words. "Sierra, wake up. I just told you I met a possible model."

I turned to look at him, suddenly interested. My luck with finding a new model lately had been close to nonexistent, which was a pretty big issue, considering I only drew people. "Really?"

"Trust me, I'm sure he has potential!" He exclaimed, closing the door of the cloak room to make sure nobody would've come in and interrupted the conversation. "Besides, it's like a fate kinda thing! He happened to be there, I happened to be there and you happen to need a model."

"I don't know, I'm not really into offering jobs to people you met in a pub" I replied, suddenly feeling a bit sceptical about the whole thing. Sure, anybody could be a model, but something told me that asking someone that spends Wednesday nights in a pub to stay completely still for hours wouldn't have exactly been a good idea.