Cheer For Us Or Against Us

Blossom's POV

After school the next day, it was my first cheerleading practice. Mrs. Tisdale ushered me into the gymnasium where the others were gathered and already doing cartwheels and poses.

"Brooke! Meet the newest member of the squad," Mrs. Tisdale cut right to the chase then she turned on her heel, leaving me to the pact of wolves.

"Well.. well.. well, look at what the cat dragged in," Brooke gnarled as she approached me, "You're not going to make this squad because it's only for the best of the best but I'm interested in seeing what you can do. Cartwheel and Toe-Touch!" she finished.

I immediately did a cartwheel and finished with the perfect toe-touch.

Brooke smirked and I spent the rest of the practice doing hand springs and cartwheels until I couldn't feel my hands anymore. It was torture.

"That's it," I spoke when at last, I couldn't bare it anymore.

"Everyone, what's the motto?" Brooke asked to the others.

"If you don't cheer for us, you're against us!" everyone recited.

"You'll be given a uniform tomorrow and there's a game on Friday so you have a lot to catch up on. I don't want anyone making my squad look bad. Clear?"

"Vivid," I responded and Brooke allowed me to leave practice or my try-outs or whatever you'll call what just happened to me.

________________

The following morning, I was a bit sore in muscle aches. Nina and Sophia  meet me in the halls.

"Damn, Brooke let you had it, huh?"

"Those practices are the worst."

"New girl," we heard Brooke's voice. The other students cleared the path and she walked down the middle like a queen on a high horse indeed.

"Uniform." She shoved a uniform against my chest before leaving. It held the same colors of our actual school uniform. Baby blue and grey.

"You'll look so cute," Nina said with a wide smile.

"And you get to rock that uniform to all your classes," Sophia added.

"For real?"

"Yes, so I suggest you change really quickly." We headed for the washrooms I got changed into my uniform.

-----

At Practice, I picked up the moves quickly. Pyramids and cradles and basket tosses were easy for me to comprehend and execute to perfection. And as the days went by, I felt more and more confident for the game.

________

At last, It was Friday and the whole school was buzzing about the game. Brooke had us run the routine one last time before our classes started.

In Mrs. Smith's class, Garry was standing in front of the chalkboard with a worried look on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked him softly but he ignored me. Then Mrs. Tisdale walked in with Mrs. Smith behind.

"Garry, come with us please," Mrs. Smith told him and we watched as he followed them out the classroom.

I tapped Nina on the shoulder to get her attention. "What's going on?" I asked her.

"Garry is in serious trouble. Something about selling drugs out his locker to freshmen."

"What!" I was in shock. He was my new partner to this project. Who's going to be my partner now?