5

Your POV

I let out a loud sigh as I came up to my apartment door and put my bags down.

I had never been happier to be home.

I reached into my pocket to grab my keys but the door swung open before I could.

"Y/n!" Jc yelled as he reached out and picked me up, spinning me around in circles.

"J, put me down," I begged when he stopped spinning.

"I missed you," he smiled, placing me back on the ground and giving me a hug.

I smiled at his antics.

"I've only been gone for like two days," I giggled as I hugged him back.

"I still missed you," he said, pulling away and grabbing my things before carrying them inside.

I smiled and shook my head as I followed him inside, closing the door behind us.

"How was everything?" He asked as we settled on the couch.

"Well... could've been better," I told him honestly.

He's one of the only people that know about Lauren and I's situation, so he deserves to know the truth about what happened.

"Why? Too hot? Too many people?"

"Caught Lauren playing tonsil hockey with some guy," I said, leaning back into the couch.

"You caught her doing what?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Making out with some guy," I said nonchalantly.

"And... you're okay with that?" He questioned carefully.

"At the time I was caught off guard, but I'm okay now," I told him.

I had decided that I was going to move on, and this was the first step.

"I see how she feels and I understand there's no point in waiting around if she doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about her."

"Wow," he said, raising his eyebrows. "I'm impressed. So no fights broke out on the flight back or anything?"

"Actually..." I started, not knowing how to tell him the last part. "I didn't fly back with Lauren."

"You flew by yourself?"

"No," I said. "I flew back with Camila."

"Who's Camila?" He asked.

That's when I laughed. I never told Jc about Camila and I's relationship.

"An old friend," I said vaguely, trying to stand up to go to my room.

"Nope. You aren't leaving me hanging here," he said, pushing me back onto the couch gently. "Who is Camila?"

I groaned. He wasn't going to let this one go.

"You do know who Camila Cabello is, right?" I asked with an eye roll.

"Yea, why- wait. You flew back with Camila Cabello?" He asked. "Why did you call her an old friend?"

"Because we're old friends," I said in an obvious tone. "We've known each other for a long time."

"Okay, but are you old friends or old friends?" He asked with a smirk.

"Shut up," I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Ohhhhhhh," he teased.

"Stop," I laughed. "It wasn't even like that. We hadn't seen each other in years, so we basically just caught up."

"Sure. I totally believe that."

"I'm serious," I told him. "Look, I don't tell many people about this, but Camila and I dated when we were like seventeen."

"Wait. Seriously?" He asked.

Obviously he didn't expect that.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes again with a laugh. "That's why I'm telling you it really wasn't what you're thinking. We just caught up."

"Alright, I actually believe you," he laughed. "Are you sure you're alright with the Lauren situation?"

"I'm fine, J," I told him as I stood up. "Promise."

"Alright," he smiled, pulling me into a short hug.

When we pulled away I grabbed my things and brought them into my room, closing the door behind me.

I laid back on my bed, pulling out my phone and becoming confused when I saw a message from a unknown number.

(305) 288-9538:
Okay, I'm not sure if this is still your phone number, but it's worth a try because I feel so dumb for not asking for your number.

I furrowed my eyebrows before a smiled took over my face.

Y/n:
I think I have a pretty good guess of who this is, but do you mind letting me know if I'm right?

(305) 288-9538:
It's Camila.

Knew it.

Y/n:
Then yes. I still have the same number.

Camila:
Thank God.

I smiled at how relieved she seemed, even through text.

Y/n:
Anything in particular I can help you with?

Camila:
I was just wondering if you maybe would want to come over? I know you're probably super tired from traveling, so I was thinking tomorrow afternoon.

My heart was doing backflips as I read the message.

Y/n:
Come over and do what?

Camila:
You'll find out when you get here.

Oh, so she wanted to play.

Y/n:
Alright, fine.

Camila:
Awesome. Come over around 4. Address is 1036 Sugar Lane❤️

Y/n:
I'll see you❤️

What was I getting myself into?