10

Your POV

My eyes shot open the next morning when I woke up with a burning feeling in the back of my throat.

I looked around, noticing Camila wasn't in bed. I jumped up, barely making it to the bathroom before emptying the contents on my stomach into the toilet.

I was still bent over when I felt a pair of hands pull my hair back.

I groaned as I sat back, allowing Camila to wipe my face with a damp washcloth.

I felt like death.

I knew I shouldn't have drank as much as I did, events of last night rushing back to me as I sat on the bathroom floor.

I remembered the drinks, the dancing, and... the sex.

Fuck.

Camila quickly moved back to the bedroom before reappearing with a bottle of advil and a water bottle.

"Thank you," I rasped out.

"You're welcome," she smiled. "I had put it on the side table for you, but I guess you didn't see it when you were running to the bathroom."

I giggled slightly at her joke before the room went silent. The tension thickening the longer we sat there.

"Can we talk about last night?" Camila finally asked, getting my attention.

I sighed as I tied up my hair in a messy bun. I didn't want to talk about last night, but I owed her an explanation.

"You regret it... don't you?" She asked.

I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I didn't want to lie to her either. She deserved the truth.

"I'm sorry," I finally said, tearing brimming in my eyes. "You really don't deserve this."

"Is it Lauren?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

I nodded a little, feeling her hands come up to wipe my tears.

"Hey, you made it pretty clear that you had feelings for her. I thought I could help you get over her, but I guess I was wrong," she said. "That's on me. Don't apologize about that."

"It's just so fucking frustrating because I don't want to feel this way, but I can't help it," I explained.

"The way to get over her is by figuring yourself out for a little while, and that's something you need to do on your own," Camila said, holding my hand.

"You're right," I mumbled.

"I know," the girl said, making me giggle.

"I'm sorry I roped you into all this," I apologized again.

"Stop saying sorry. I chose to be involved, and even if we didn't work out that doesn't mean we have to ghost each other," she said.

"So, we can still be friends?" I asked, watching her smile at me.

"Of course. I wish we would've never lost touch in the first place, and I'll be damned if I let that happen again," she told me with a bright smile.

I felt a wave of happiness at her words. She really did care about me and it was refreshing to have her around.

"You're amazing," I told her, a fresh set of tears coming to my eyes.

"Don't cry," she said, pulling me into a hug. "You're gonna make me cry."

"I don't deserve to have someone like you around," I mumbled into her neck.

"Stop saying that," she scolded lightly. "You're an amazing person, and you've done so much for me. You just need a little time to figure yourself out."

"Thank you," I told her. "For everything."

"Not a problem, sunshine," she winked. "Now, let's get you all cleaned up."