Chapter 10: Dangerous Date

Your P.O.V.
You were still in shock about that little police scramble, but at least you weren't arrested. Edgar was enjoying his time on your chair, which was slowly becoming his chair, while you were making yourself breakfast. The bar was closed for renovations that you ordered so you had some time off, even though the renovations required you there. The renovations weren't that big, it was just to get the place back to the way it was. Selina seemed eager to have you over, you didn't know exactly why but you were going to roll with it. It was around 9 am and, again in Gotham fashion, it was raining. You could hear the tapping on the widows which you knew was the raindrops hitting the glass lightly. Selina was most likely going to have the date inside rather than outside, knowing Gotham and it's capacity for rain. You got your breakfast ready and sat down at your table, putting the plate in front of you. You are pondering on what to wear since your attire you planned to use for yesterday's date was slightly torn and dirty. 'Casual would most likely do. But what if she's wearing a dress?' you thought to yourself. You finished your breakfast and decided to give Edgar some attention, you'd been away for so long for so many times that he needed someone beside him. Edgar was happy and content, he even fell asleep for a short while. It was in that time you checked to see what you had to wear.

You opened your dresser to see what you had, which were a few button up shirts and jeans. You tried finding good matches that would attune to Selina's tastes. The only one that worked was a black button up shirt and black jeans. "I mean, it's good. Right?" You questioned to yourself aloud, knowing you wouldn't get a response. So you answered yourself "Yeah, it's almost good. Maybe a (tie/braid) would add nicely, maybe a (belt/skirt). One of the two." You looked around for either a belt or a tie, you knew you had them, finding them wouldn't exactly be difficult. Even if you didn't have either of them, there is a shop not too far from the bar. You found a black (belt/skirt) and a red (tie/braid), the only ones you had. You grabbed the (belt/skirt) and looked in the mirror saying "It fits the attire and the style." You knew the (tie/braid) would throw everything off so you left it.

You walked out of your room, the faint smell of rain water filled the air as you walked over to Edgar. You still, after all this, couldn't bear to look at his socket where the eye should've been. You always looked at the other eye and accepted who he was. You decided to see his socket when he looked up, you saw the hole where his eye should've been. You kept petting him, still looking at him, and smiled. You knew you couldn't change the past, but you could make his future better. He started to sleep again and you saw the time, 3:19. The time Selina proposed was around 4. You would go in eleven minutes, spending that time now with Edgar.

Earlier
Selina's P.O.V.
I was worried, then again I worried about a lot of things. But ever since last night I've been worried about (F/N), what could happen to (him/her). Sure we both love to live dangerously, but so did Bruce. Of course he had money, years of experience, etcetera etcetera. But what if what (F/N) was exactly like Bruce, doomed to die living heroically? I'd rather see (F/N) live a full life, even if (he'd/she'd) be like me. I didn't want to think about it, I had to tidy my place up for the date either way. It would get my mind off of Bruce and on to (F/N), I mean (he/she) is hot. My mind almost said 'No Selina, focus' but it realized that I might have a good relationship with (him/her). I mean, the time with Bruce was fun but we rarely, or didn't, do anything that screamed we were dating. But with (F/N), it won't be (him/her) in tights chasing me across rooftops, it'd be too cliche.

I was tidying up when I realized I didn't have much in the way of food. I was now panicking, attempting to keep calm what with it being around 2 pm. I looked around the kitchen, desperate to find something, anything. All there was for a suitable dinner was tater tots. All I thought was 'Thank you Venom' as I put the tater tots on a tray and placed it in the oven.

I then went in my room to change into something fetching but not too revealing. There was that dress that I bought with some money I stole from Harv. I checked the closet and had to brush away some of my other clothes in order to find it. I stripped down and put the dress on. It was a black silk dress that was a little long for my liking, but unlike other dresses this one didn't have shoulder straps. I was about to improvise, until I heard the oven go off. I bolted to the kitchen to take the tater tots out, almost tripping on the dress. I took them out with some oven mitts and put them on the counter. It was then that I heard a knock on my door.

'(He's/She's) here?' I questioned in my head. I looked at the time, 3:50 pm. 'Crap' I cursed to myself as I headed to the door. I peered through the glass ball on my door and saw (F/N), well dressed with his hands behind his back. I quickly put the tater tots on plates and set the table as fast as I could. (He/She) knocked again and I said "Coming." I put the last preparations up, such as candles and mood lighting, and opened the door. "Hey." I said to (F/N), (he/she) replied with a smile saying "How are you?" I said "I'm doing good. My heart's beating quickly but I'm doing good." "Yeah, I understand the feeling." (He/She) said looking to the ground. I invited (him/her) in and (he/she) finally saw my place, sure it was a little run down but it was home. (He/She) said "So, this is where you live?" (He/She) almost sounded sour, but perked up and continued "I like it. Seems comfortable." "Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But home's home y'know." I could tell (he/she) was nervous, but I knew it was not about anything here.

I remembered when we first talked (he/she) said (he's/she's) never had a girlfriend, meaning (he's/she's) most likely never been on a date. It might've been the case, so I asked (him/her) "You seem nervous, you doing alright?" (He/She) looked at me and said "This is the first date I've ever had. Sorry if I seem a little.... nervous." I could tell (he/she) was a little scared, so I decided to be honest. "It's alright, I've never had a proper date myself." I told (him/her), blushing a little. (He/She) looked at me and said "Well, either way, let's enjoy our time." With that I smiled, it's felt like forever since I smiled, and said "Yes, let's." as I walked towards him and gave (him/her) a kiss. I closed my eyes, wrapped my arms behind (his/her) neck and kept kissing. (He/She) wrapped (his/her) arms around my waist and continued the kiss. (He/She) broke it and said "Aren't you a charmer." "Same to you." I said as I kissed him again.

Timeskip
Your P.O.V.
The date went by smoothly. No interruptions, no trouble, no place to rob. It was just you and Selina, talking, getting to know eachother, giving eachother advice. It almost seems like dates were just average meetups, but with only two people. Edgar was sleeping on your chair, which had slowly become his, and you decided to et some rest. After all, tomorrow was your first day as the boss of your bar.

A/N: Since whenever I do a date chapter you guys make a lot of joke food I decided to just go with tater tots. Plus I haven't been all that good with date chapters hoping that'll change with the next book. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote in my conversations for the next books (there's a poll to reply to), and have a great day/night. :)