Chapter 8: Freedom

Your P.O.V.
You sat alone in the bar, the lights were out and Jeremiah's corpse layed in front of you. The money was put in the bag, all 3 million of it. Cobblepot was on his way, it wasn't the first time you've seen him though. He's come in on numerous occasions to chat with you and Jeremiah. Despite what people thought of him he cares for Gotham. Bruce was only concerned with his money laundering and goons, it gave Cobblepot a bit of a hard time. Teaming up with Two-Face last Halloween was ballsy you will admit, but Two-Face was only in it for the money. Cobblepot, ever since last Halloween when he was caught and when he got out nine months ago, has turned over a new leaf. He uses the money not for weapons, but for the homeless and to help his casino. He sometimes spends it on guns for protection but some of his goons are desperate to have old Cobblepot back. You liked how he is now. Speaking of Cobblepot, he just walked in.

He walked in, alone, umbrella in hand and a hat on his head. He spoke in a fluent cockney accent "Why in the blue blazes is Jeremiah dead?" "He worked for Harley. Told me himself. The cameras and my word don't lie Cobblepot." "How long 'ave we known eachother (F/N)? Call me Oswald. Secondly, why do you 'ave a bag?" You unzipped the bag to show him the money. You said "Jeremiah intended to steal the money for Harley. Why? I don't know. But it is yours Oswald." He took the bag and said "This'll not only help the casino and the homeless, but I might be able t' bring some t' the police." He looked around and said "I'm gonna miss this place. The name. I allowed Jeremiah t' 'ave this bar because I trusted 'im. Now I'm gonna 'ave t' give it t' someone else." His tone was a bit sad, like he was never going to come back. He looked at you and said "An' I know you want yer freedom from me, but because you 'ave helped me out, the bar is yours."

You looked at Cobblepot and said "Really?" "Yes really. But now it can no longer be a drop bar. I no longer own it, nor will I visit. It belongs t' you." You said "Thank you Oswald." "No (F/N), thank you." Oswald said before he walked out of the bar. Your bar. You thought of the name '(L/N)'s Bar', had a nice ring to it. But honestly fame is never what you sought, it was what life could offer and what may come your way, like Selina. She did ask you on a date after all, you had enough to take her out to someplace fancy but you didn't know if that's what she wanted. She's a thrill seeker, someone who likes living dangerously. So maybe a rooftop date? A simple date in either her or your apartment? Who knows, only time will tell.

You got back to your apartment and it was late, very late. Edgar was meowing a bit so you refilled his food dish, he was content. You struggled keeping your eyes open while you headed to your bed. You felt a breeze when you walked to your room. You went by the window and saw it was open, you looked outside and saw nothing in front of you, then you looked to your left. Selina was there in her Catwoman attire, hanging to the wall. She was waiting for you, she said "About time you came back, was getting lonely out here." "Why were you waiting for me?" She came closer, eventually just entering your apartment, and kissed you. It was heavenly, you were shocked at first but closed your eyes and embraced it. She broke the kiss and said "See you soon (F/N)." as she free fell out the window. You rushed to see if she was okay and you saw her grapple to a nearby building. You thought to yourself 'Freedom is pretty fucking good'.

A/N: So there you have it, you and Selina are starting to date. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next books in my conversations (there's a poll to reply to there), and have a great day/night. :)