#3

monday

6:15am

i heard my mommas footsteps on my newly inbuilt wooden floor in my room. she walked past my bed pulling the curtains away from each other to allow light into my room.

"wake up sleepy head" she said softly, while approaching my bed. i opened my eyes but quickly squinted to the amount of sunlight hitting my blurry vision.

today was my first day in my new school school, and i ain even gon cap and say i wasnt anxious asf, cos i definitely was

my mom left my room leaving me to go get ready. after saying my morning prayer, i walked over to my bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up.

once i got out, i moisturised my skin with shea butter then got dressed in my new outfit that i had bought last week at the mall with aliyah.

i picked up my school bag and was about to make my way down the stairs, when i passed the new mirror in the hallway. i had to walk back and see my pretty ass.

not gonna lie my outfit was cutee asf, which made me excited to start school today despite how nervous i was.

"wassup everyone" i said walking into the kitchen, the smell of pancakes and bacon filled my nose.. mhmm my favourite! amir was sitting at the table and my mum was up at the stove.

"hey asia, how ya feeling baby" my mum said in her calm voice.

"i'm good mumma" i replied,

"wassup lil sis" my brother said looking up from his phone. "you ready to start this new school year?"

i replied with no hesitation "yeah course" i chuckled, "how my outfit look tho?" i said changing the subject.

as much as i tell amir everything, i didn't want him thinking i was finna enter this school year still holding onto my past.

i just didn't want him or anyone to think i was weak at heart. and of course i wasn't. and he knew that. i mean damn, i don't even know the last time i shed real tears. i been thru so much shit ion think anything can really phase me no more to be honest.