Chapter Fifteen - I Need You

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I didn't want to let you go.

KAYDEN HAVANA

WE PULL UP at Kayleigh's accommodation car park. Turning off the engine, my body turns to face her.

A small smile forms on her lips. "Do you want to come in?" She offers quietly, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

I mentally sigh. Jaxon literally just mindlinked me saying we needed a pack meeting in 45 minutes. It was important. Apparently.

"I'm sorry," I say as I let my hand rest on the steering wheel. "I can't, I got something to do back home."

"Oh," Kayleigh says instantly. "That's okay." I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

Her eyes look down to her hands in her lap before she takes off her seatbelt. Her blonde hair falls gently in front of her face.

"Thanks for today," she forces a smile at me.

I can tell in her eyes that something was wrong.

"That's okay," I say softly.

She waits for a second, unsure whether I will kiss her goodbye. But she slips out of the car without a chance for me to.

"Bye," she says as she looks at the vacant seat and not me.

"I'll see you later,"

She purses her lips and nods at my words. Her little hand slams my car door shut and she walks away. I think that she might turn around but she doesn't, her head stays firmly directed to the floor.

Then her thoughts come flooding into my head.

God, you're so fucking stupid Kayleigh.

I can't help but frown as I watch her shake her head to herself. Not fully understanding why she thinks she's stupid.

He probably thinks you're a fucking freak. Why did you have to tell him everything?

A hand rakes it's way through my hair. My eyes feel like they're burning into the back of her head.

He probably feels sorry for you.

She overthinks too much and it was kills me. Kayleigh reaches her building and pushes her way through the doors.

"Fuck it," I mumble as I rip the keys from my ignition and follow her.

She has shared something with me that is so incredibly personal and deep. Things that will probably be floating around her head all night and I've just left her.

Jaxon, I'm not going to be able to make the meeting.

He is going to fucking kill me. I jog across the car park and reach her building.

Kayden, are you serious? This is important. Jaxon's voice is angry and it was hard to miss because it sounded so harsh. But right now that was the last thing I was thinking about.

I've got to do something that is important. You can fill me in tomorrow.

It better be fucking important.