⚫Chapter 50⚫

She walked over towards me with a grin on her face. "Where did you take me? Where am I?" I asked furiously. "Why are my hands tied and why am I chained?"

"Woah. Slow down. What's with all the questions?" she asked me with a chuckle.

"Just answer them!"

She unchained me before roughly pulling me off of the bed. "I'll guess you'll just have to find out."

She dragged me out of the room and down the hallway. I tried to resist, but I was far too weak. In fact, I felt like I was a human once again. As she pulled me down the stairs I began to take in my surroundings. Were we in Regnum Ignis?

Once we go into the throne room, I saw Roman sitting on his throne with four men guarding him. Nailah threw me onto to the floor.

"She's all yours," she told Roman.

"Thank you."

"Nailah? You're w-working for him?" I asked feeling confused.

"I wouldn't call it working. He shared some thoughts and ideas with me, and I am totally for it," she answered with a smile.

"How could you betray us? How could you betray Sebastián?" I shouted at her.

She walked over towards me and grabbed me by the arm. "Listen carefully you little brat. I've always been the afterthought of every decision Sebastian has made. I used to love him for years, but he never loved me back. Now it's my time to show him that I am worth it, strong, and capable. But he's lucked out. I don't want him anymore because he's weak. Once Roman finds the-"

"Ok, that's enough Nailah," Roman interrupted. She let go of me and walked over towards Roman's side.

"Why am I here Roman? What do you want with me?" I asked him as I got up from the floor.

"It shouldn't take too long because I know you'll be able to find it."

"Find what?"

"Find the bracelet. Seeing that you're a vampire and are rather intelligent, who knows? Maybe you'll hit the nail that we've been trying to hit for months now."

Why would I willingly help him find the bracelet? Did he really think I would say yes?

"No. I am not going to find you the bracelet," I stated.

"Well, then Elias dies."

"Excuse me?"

"If you don't help me find the bracelet, your mate dies."

He was going to kill Elias if I refused to help him? How psychotic was he?

"No! You can't just do that!" I yelled at him. I ran towards him in anger causing the men to hold me back. "He's your nephew!"

Roman shook his head as he got up from his throne. "I will not allow anyone or anything to get in my way and if that means killing my nephew, then so be it," he said with no facial expression at all.

My eyes began to tear up. I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. He was truly the devil himself. I feared for Elias. There was no way I would be able to find the bracelet.

"You have three days."

"Not three days," I pleaded. "Can you give me a week?"

"No. You have seventy-two hours."

"Where am I searching?"

"Here in Regnum Ignis."

"But what if the bracelet is in Regnum Caeli or Regnum Terra?"