Ch. 19- The Shinsou Protection Squad

Ojirou's POV

"Uh.... run...?"

"YESRUNSHE'SCOMINGOVER"

"Who's sh-?"

"AT LEAST PUT ME DOWN THIS IS A CODE RAINBOW-RED"

"THE HELL IS A RAINBOW-RED???"

"WHEN CODE RAINBOW BACKFIRES!"

"I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT RAINBO- AWAGAH-"

I'm all of a sudden yanked by my hand and pulled to run in I don't even know which direction. Shinsou's completely leading me at this point while I struggle to follow his pace and carry the bags. After a quick and panicked session of running, we stop in a hidden crook between two stores.

"Hh...hhh I think... we lost her.." Shinsou pants and bends down, hands on his knees and incredibly out of breath.

"I still don't know what or who you're talking about." I wipe a bit of sweat off of my forehead and look at him quizzically. He sighs and stands up, looking at me.

"Ok, so, basically, back in the hospital, and when you weren't... here... there was this intern that would bring me food n' shit, yeah? Well, that was her, and while I was in the hospital, she got a little crush on me."

"So... we're avoiding her because she likes you?"

"That's not entirely it. When we found out you... passed, I was high key fucked up so Todoroki, being the amazing friend he is, signed me up for therapy. The first session went fine, did you know Sero's mom is a therapist? Anyways, after I left to find Todoroki when we finished, the same girl was also interning at the facility (I don't know her name), and she saw me walk out so she decided to walk with me while I go find Todoroki. I texted him quickly saying he needed to pretend to be my boyfriend 'cuz I'm a useless gay, and when the whole "oh hey wanna go out some time?" Thing was dropped Todoroki swooped in, said he was my boyfriend, and the girl was a homophobe and walked away." He said... really fast. It was a little hard to keep track but I think I got it.

"... a homophobe was into you?"

"Yep. And now she's here. And she still thinks I'm dating Todoroki."

"Wonderful."

"What do I do?? I can't handle confrontation." He said and laughed nervously. I look at him straight in the eyes.

"We go out there, explain the situation, and boom, no worries." I smile and he glares at me.

"I hate that you make it sound so simple, but ok, as long as you do most of the talking." He sighs and I nod simply, we then walk out of the crook and we-

"Hey Shinsou."

s HRIEK

Turning around, we see (probably) the intern girl and a friend of hers.

Ignoring his manly shriek from not even 2 seconds ago, he responds.

"Hey..."

"Takachi"

"Yes that name." He seizes up, completely rigid and nervous.

"I was just wondering, where's your boyfriend Todoroki?"

"Oh-Uh- he- Wait, I never told you his name?"

"I go to UA."

....yo what the fuuuuck. I've never seen her around.

"I'm in the support course."

Ah that's why.

"Oh... okay then, well, here's the thing about me and Todoroki.. he uh... fuckin.... Uhm."

"Oh! Ojirou! Shinsou!" Shinsou and I hear an excited and familiar voice, our heads snap over and we see Midoriya... holding Todoroki's hand, and they were walking directly towards the four of us. The two girls' eyes flickered between their held hands and Shinsou.

"Looks like Todoroki isn't your boyfriend anymore.." Takachi's friend mutters, casting an icy look over at Shinsou. He was completely frozen, barely even managing to form a sentence.

"Wait, what's going on? Who are these two?" Midoriya looks at the two of us, and the two girls. Todoroki has a knowing look on his face, like he knows exactly what position Shinsou is in right now. But, since no one else is speaking up about this, I guess I have to.

"Midoriya, these are two students from UA in the support class. Todoroki can fill you in on everything that's happening probably." I shrug, looking to Todoroki after explaining it to Midoriya and getting a brief nod from him. "Yeah just ask him." I say again and look to the two girls.

"Look, Shinsou was never dating Todoroki, Todoroki always had a thing for Midoriya-"

"Then why didn't Shinsou just tell me that?" Takachi says impatiently, clearly annoyed.

"He's really awkward about these sort of things and didn't know how to explain it to you, so he kinda... self destructed?" I say and he nods quickly.

"...so... he isn't gay?" She lights up.

"No I'm still very, very gay."

"Not after a night with me you won't be.~"

"-And on that note it's time to leave, come on guys-" Todoroki says, walking away quickly with Midoriya and I follow suit, grabbing Shinsou's hand and speedwalking after the two of them.

"NO HOMOPHOBES IN FRONT OF MY SALAD!"

"You have a salad?"

"Midoriya's hair basically looks like a salad."

"Eh that counts."

"Shut!"

We ignore the previous interaction with those two, even if they may have been following us... but I hope not. To block it from our memories, we walk together and make random jokes, mostly joking about Shinsou and his awkwardness, occasionally Todoroki and how he went along with it. Everything was fine and dandy, until I came to a sudden realization..

I stop in my tracks, Shinsou stops abruptly and moves back to where I was since our hands were still intertwined. Midoriya and Todoroki look at me, confused.

"Something wrong, Ojirou?" Midoriya says.

"I just realized.... what if we see them at the dance." My eyes widen, and everyone else's does too.

"....Shinsou protection squad?"

"Shinsou protection squad."
-----------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Oof sorry I made you wait for an awful filler, but I probably won't be writing another full length until after my exams, and even then, if I do then it'll take way longer than it needs to. So just bear with me please 😅.)