Part II Chapter 27 - Friend

***Lynett***

The sky was consumed in different shades of grey and white, the sunlight barely managing to penetrate the thick whitened haze. No visibility, 100% humidity, it was a dull and grey day. The perfect weather for my current mood.

It's been a moment since I parted ways with Aoban, but my heart is still unsettled. I haven't completely calmed down yet. It might actually be the first time I had a big fight with him. I really don't look forward to our next meeting...

I got in an argument with Aoban, I still don't know how to get rid of Pikachu and I lost Frost. Talk about having a bad day... I was now heading to the library. I wanted to clear my mind, and with the sky filled with clouds threatening to transform the scenery into a giant puddle anytime, it was the perfect day for a read. Besides, what better source of information than a library?

It was almost evening. With the classes over, the corridors and the courtyard were now filled with students. I tried to take a shortcut, but with so many people, it was difficult to avoid everyone.

"It's all your fault!"

"Please, give me another chance!"

"You already had your chance! We're done here!"

"I'll work harder! I'll do my best so-"

"That's not enough, you keep ruining everything!"

Great. A group of students arguing. What a timing. I definitely wasn't in the mood to get myself involved in it, especially since I just had an argument with my brother myself, so I simply tried to ignore it. However, as I was just about to pass by them, one of the said student fell right in front of me, barely avoiding me.

Damn it.

"Are you alright?" I asked, offering a hand, no longer able to continue ignoring the matter.

The young girl on the floor looked up at me. When our eyes met, she gasped in surprise, but she quickly regained her composure.

"Yes, thank you," she replied as she took my hand. "I'm so sorry, I hope I didn't hurt you!"

"I'm fine."

When she got up, I noticed she was actually much taller than me. I know I'm short, but even so, the difference in height really surprised me. She was at least a head taller than me. Height aside, she looked like your plain regular teenage girl, I guess.

"Let's go," a voice ordered.

I turned my attention to the group of students with whom the girl was arguing and who were just about to leave.

"Shouldn't you at least apologize?" I stopped them. "You pushed her, didn't you?"

The one who seemed to be the leader clicked his tongue in annoyance after glaring at me.

"Mind your own business," he groaned with a stern voice.

Recalling my brother's words, I suddenly felt the flash of annoyance coming. This is exactly why I didn't want to get involved inin th...

"What? Got a problem?" The boy asked with arrogance, as he saw the corner of my lip twitch.

Before I had a chance to reply anything, one on his pal grabbed his arm and whispered something in his ear. I couldn't hear it, but I could guess. I could read my name on his lips. He was warning him about me. The boy once again clicked his tongue. Then, with much reluctance, he turned around, probably deciding it was wiser to ignore me. But...

"Apologize," I insisted.

"I-It's fine!" The girl stammered. "You don't have to worry about it."