Chapter 4

Lisa's POV

I woke up early today to go to the CA meeting. I do this twice a month. The meeting was just about to start when I arrived. I look around and see that there are a lot of newcomers. Some look younger than me, some older. They introduced themselves one by one.

I noticed Jennie hasn't come yet so I texted her. Moments later, she replied saying she couldn't come because she isn't feeling well. This is the first time she missed a meeting.

When the meeting ended, I left immediately. I wasn't really in the mood to engage in conversations. I headed to a convenience store to grab some stuff I need at home. Then I saw Jennie talking to Jungkook at the corner of the street. Jungkook handed her something and left.

I approached her. "Hey, Jennie."

She couldn't hide her surprise. "Oh hey, Lisa," she said quite nervously.

"Why were you talking to that guy?"

"He's a guy from my class. I just borrowed something..."

"I know that guy. He's a drug dealer."

"Look, Lisa. This is a one time thing. Don't tell my dad, okay?"

"Oh my god."

"Please, Lisa! Promise me you won't tell my dad."

"Shit. Jennie..."

She looked at her phone and said, "My uber's here. Let's just keep this between us, okay?"

I just stood there and watched as her uber leaves. Later that night, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about what happened earlier. Fuck that. I decided to go to the rooftop.

There she was again. The same angelic face I saw the other night greeted me.

"Hey there," she said.

"Hey, Chaeyoung."

"The view from here is quite beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Do you come here all time?"

"To smoke... yeah."

"You better find a new place to smoke then. Think I might just steal your spot."

"Or you can just cry in your room so I don't have to find a new spot..."

She sighed and said, "Yeah, you're probably right."

"Just kidding."

"You know I haven't actually toured around since I got here. I probably should go out tomorrow."

"Yeah, you should. Go out and eat some street food. It's the best."

"That's a good idea."

"Why'd you move here anyway?"

"To study."

"Why not study in Australia?"

"I guess I just wanna try living in another place. My parents are from here, but I've never been here until now."

"Or maybe you just wanna run away from something..."

"Maybe," she said.

"Have you done it?"

"Done what?"

"Hookup with someone else."

"Nope."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Okay," she said.

I leaned in closer to her and whispered to her ear. "I can fuck you better than your ex."

She was taken aback by what I said. "I told you I don't do hookups," she replied.

"Just so you know my room number is 401. In case you change your mind."

Then I left.