Chapter 25; Mexican Alpha

My back is in agony and  I think I'm gonna fail law lmao. Fun fact, I used to be really flexible because of gymnastics and then I damaged my lower back disk and now it's pretty much the biggest pain in my life, save for my boyfriend ofc ;) Enjoy this peeps, shit is gonna hit the fan soon. 

* * *

Confusion clouded her thoughts. It wasn't often that she woke up with her memory frazzled, but on this particular morning, Alice couldn't quite pinpoint what had caused her this pounding headache. She blinked back the sleep from her eyes, groaning at an ache that spread through the crook of her shoulder and neck. Alice noted that she was in a large male top that smelt heavenly of Colden. She also noticed that the room was not her own, which was strange since she didn't recall ever going to bed.

Alice sat up, her head spinning from the new angle. It was as if she was looking through a new pair of eyes; like those times when you need new prescription glasses after a year of your eyesight getting worse and for the first day, everything looks crisp and clean, strange even as if you had never noticed that the world had so many shapes and colours. It was the equivalent of that but more. Stranger, if that was even a possibility.

She glanced around the room. Colden was nowhere to be seen, save for a discarded sock he must have left in a rush whenever he got up. Alice frowned at the increased sense of smell. Her memory blurred, flashes of trees and shadowed hallways, Colden's hungry eyes until; Alice gasped, covering the side of her neck which pulsed with a strange flow of energy. Not entirely unpleasant but a little sore for her liking.

She found herself in the bathroom within seconds, gaping at the raw and very bold mark on her neck; it was crusted with blood, the wound already scabbing and the skin around it turning purple. Alice wondered why it hadn't healed like every other injury she sustained, but perhaps it was for the fact that this was no ordinary mark. A claim Colden had called it. A seal to their bound and a sign that she was a taken female. It was barbaric in its nature, primal in its own right. But there was a deep sense of longing inside her. For what, she wasn't sure.

Her fingertips brushed across the wound, a wince crossing her face. Alice sensed him before he appeared. Colden met her eyes through the mirror, a new uncertainty around him. Yet, despite the clear tension that coursed through his body, his eyes looked the clearest they had for weeks. Calm, she noted. Like a sky just after a storm when the clouds disappeared and the sun would begin to shine through.

"Do you hate it?" Colden's voice startled her inner rambling. He didn't approach her as she glanced back at her neck in her own reflection.

It wasn't pretty if she was honest, but it was a wound that would heal and eventually leave a scar. She had plenty of those and they didn't bother her. It was the repercussions that would come next that was daunting; the full moon was in less than two weeks and she already sensed a shift within herself. Her senses, the way her body felt more alive than it had in a year. But there was notable lack of presence within her; the darkness seemed to have retreated to the farthest corner of her mind, shrinking away from the new life force that flowed through her. 

Alice released a breath that she didn't realise she had been holding. "No," he tilted his head with an almost hopeful look in his eyes, "but I am afraid. Of what it means, that is."

"I'll be there," he offered with a small and tentative smile on his face. "I'll always be there." And finally, he approached her, his nose in the crook of her neck.