chapter 20

The sun filters through my room. And I sigh as I slowly open my eyes.

Today is prom, another dance with Bain, and then I have to step away a little bit.

I lay in bed for about another hour as I daydream of Bain and my dance last night.

A smile finds its way on my face.

Something hits my window making me jump. I throw the covers off me and go to the window, looking down I see Fraiser.

He motions for me to come down.
I open the window and poke my head out. "What?" I whisper.

"Hurry up and get dressed and come on!" Fraiser whisper yells. I groan as I quickly brush my teeth and through on black leggings and a loose white t-shirt, I brush my hair and throw it in a bun. I open my bedroom door and rush downstairs.

"Navi," my mother says as I come to a halt, "Where are you going in a hurry." My eyes widen at her question.

"Hey Navi don't forget to get the flowers!" Annie states as she walks around the corner from the kitchen giving me a wink. I nod as Annie looks to mom. "One of the girls forgot to get extra mints for the dance so they are sending Navi to get some." Annie sits on the white couch with mom.

Iris looks at me. "Well hurry up, if this prom isn't perfect you are going to pay for it." I nod my head as I go to the door, not really paying them any mind.

"Navi," I freeze again at my mom's voice. "The dinner with the royals have been pushed to this coming Tuesday, dont forget." I nod my head while rolling my eyes. I rush out the door and bump into Fraiser.

"Navi what took you so long, we don't have time." Fraiser grabs my arm and rushes me to his car.

"Time for what?" I say as I climb in.

He starts the car and backs up and races down the road.

"It's a two hour drive so we will be getting back just in time to for your hair and make up for the prom." Fraiser rushes out.

"Where are we going, Fray?" He sends me a smile at my question.

"I'm a genius Navi, I saw Bain try to kiss you, and I know you wanted to but couldn't. So last night I was thinking. And thinking," he gives me a smile as he points to his head "and thinking."

I send him a pointed look. "And then it hit me, I know a witch,"

"Okay Fraiser what is a witch doing for you?" I state getting a little impatient as we get on the interstate.

"Well I called her up last night and for a large sum of money," he says through gritted teeth as he looks at me. He then cast me a smile "She is going to put a spell on the dress that acts like a blocker, so with the dress on you can have skin to skin contact with Bain." He then looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows with a smirk. "So if you want you can hike up the dress and let him pok-"

"Fraiser!" I interrupt him and he laughs. I roll my eyes "that is not going to happen."

"You would be a fool to pass up the opportunity." I roll my eyes at his words.

Part of me wants to give in to the temptation, but I cant do that, or I would probably give myself away.

****

We pull up to a cottage, Fraiser and I get out of the car and walk to the brown wooden door. He is carrying a bag, that I'm sure holds the dress.

Fraiser knocks and the door opens.

A girl with ebony brown hair and purple eyes opens the door. She wears black leggings and a shirt saying:

Hugs, not drugs
(Unless you know a guy.)

She eyes us both then looks to Fraiser. "Money?" She asks. Fraiser takes his wallet out and pulls out an envelope, she takes it and opens the door "Welcome."

I walk in after Fraiser and look around. Not much furniture  she has a love seat and a coffee table. A shelf on almost every wall with water bottles filled with different liquids, I scrunch my nose as I see a pair of eyeballs in one.

I turn my attention back to them as fraiser hands her the bag.

"Thank you Quincey," Fraiser says.

She takes the bag and smiles "Quin, call me Quin." She then takes a spray bottle opens the bag and spray the dress with it. She then zips the bag back up and hands it to Fraiser.

"Here you go hun." She then looks at me "Now that business is taken care of who is this." Her eyes roam my body as she takes a step towards me. My eyes widen.

Fraiser bites back a laugh "Navi, she is my friend," Quin does a circle around me she tilts her head as she comes back to face me.

"You have a..." her eyes roam my body once more as she looks back at me "Gorgeous friend." Fraiser laughs as he steps to the door.

"Thank you, but we have to go Quin," I see him trying not to laugh as Quin continues to stare at me.

"Alright, bring her back next time you come to visit," she winks at me as I send her a smile and turn and follow Fraiser out. The door shuts behind us and we get in his car where Fraiser dies laughing.

"Oh, your face was priceless!" Fraiser states as he backs out of the driveway. I glare at him.

"It wasn't funny, it really threw me off." I say with a laugh.

We drive through a drive through to get some food and start the 2 hour drive back home.

*     *       *

We pull up at Fraisers house, he glances at his watch as he gets out of the car. "You have just enough time to take a shower. I nod my head as we walk in and I go to his guest bathroom and quickly shower.

I wrap a towel around me and walk back out and sit back in his chair, he starts blow drying and then straightens my hair. He does my make up keeping it pretty simple but does dramatic winged eyeliner.

He then puts dark nude on my lips. He smiles as he then grabs the bag. I take it and go back to the bathroom to change.

I walk out and do a twirl

I walk out and do a twirl. "Its so light." I say to Fraiser.

"Its gorgeous," he states with a smile as he takes my hand and we leave the cottage, get in the car and take off to the school.

****
😁😁😁😁