Chapter 15

Authors notes:
As promised here is the next chapter. Thank you all for your encouragement. Please vote and comment.

James POV

I look around the banquet for Amy. I don't find her anywhere. Last I saw her was in Ethan's arms 2 hours ago. I walked out of there before I punched him. I had so much respect for Ethan before. But now seeing him treat Amy like she is some kind of doll he can play with, I realize he is just another rich asshole. I ask the bartender if he saw them. He tells me that it looked like they were fighting and Ethan went down to the beach. I walk towards the edge of the garden from where there is a clear view of the beach to see if Amy is with him but he is sitting alone drinking straight out of the bottle. Even though I don't want to believe it, I know Ethan loves Amy. He might think he is over her but the way he looks at her, clearly shows how much he still loves her. It would do everyone good if he pulled his head out of his ass and accepted his feeling for her.

Probably everyone except me. It's clear as day that Amy also loves Ethan. Yet I am in love with her. I tried to stop feeling for her. But I can't seem to think of anything else other than her for the past three weeks. A small part of me wants Ethan to f*** it up so I can get Amy.

I look around the banquet ones again but there is no trace of Amy. I spot Sandro sitting with Elsa. That's a relief. If he is here then he is not troubling Amy wherever she is. One of these days, I am going to break his fingers for laying his hand on Amy. Bastard does all the shady businesses to earn money.

I decided I should go check on Amy. She told Kate earlier today that she was feeling sick. So maybe she left early because she was not feeling well. I walk over to the mansion. It's quiet. Most of the guests are still in the banquet dancing. I climb up the stairs and walk towards Amy's room. I knock a few times but there is no answer. I peek inside to see if Amy was sleeping. The bed is still made and there is no sign of Amy. I turn around to leave but something in my gut tells me I should check the room before leaving.

There is no major security concern on the island. It's a private island that can be accessed only through ferries or helicopters making it pretty isolated and safe. I am only here to take care of emergencies. I walk in the room and look around. Nothing looks suspicious. The bathroom door is ajar so I knock and wait for someone to open. When I don't hear anything, I push it open and stop dead in my tracks.

There on the cream Italian marble floor lay Amy with blood everywhere around her. It takes me a couple of seconds to understand what was in front of me. I tell myself I am a soldier and I am trained for this. But looking at Amy like this was worse than anything I saw on the battlefield. Once I pull myself together, I rush towards Amy and check for the pulse. There is pulse but it's weak. She needs to be taken to the hospital if she has to be saved. First, I tear a piece of her dress and tie it on her wrist trying to stop the bleeding. Next, I call Doctor Fraser and Mr Lockhart. Both of them come immediately. when the doctor did the first aid, I called for a helicopter to take us to the mainland. 

"What happened?", Mr Lockhart asks me.

" I don't know. I came to see if she is okay and I saw her on the floor like that"

My walkie talkie makes a noise and I hear the operator say "ETA 9 minutes".

"Her pulse is very weak. We have to rush immediately", Doctor Fraser says looking tense.

I gather Amy in my arms and we start running to the car that we can drive us to the helipad. Soon the helicopter lands and we fly out to the mainland.

Ethan's POV:

I look out at the ocean and drink the last drop of whiskey from the bottle. It does nothing to make me feel better. I still can't get Amy out of my mind. I keep seeing her in the black dress that she was wearing earlier. I lay back on the sand and consider if I should go back to the room. From a distance, I hear the mechanical sound of the helicopter blades. I immediately sit up and see where the sound is coming from. The approaching helicopter confirms my fear. It must be Nan. I get up unsteadily and walk towards the mansion. My steps flatter a number of times and by the time I reach the banquet, I cannot hear the helicopter anymore because of the loud music and other noises.