Chapter 18

L E V I ' S  P O V

Matilda, the woman that raised me, always said that there was a first time for everything.

In this case, last night was the first time I kissed Ophelia,

The first time I felt lips as soft as hers.

The first time I couldn't get a woman out of my head...

and the first time that I got a boner from just a fucking kiss.

Albeit being the first, it surely wouldn't be the last because I wasn't going to allow it to happen.

It took me a month and a half to finally kiss her and I wasn't about to wait another month just to kiss her again.

I wouldn't allow it to happen.

I swung my feet off of the bed and looked at the clock next to my bed that read 5:36 a.m. in bold green numbers.

I proceed to get up and go the door across my room to get to the bathroom.

Switching on the light, I did my business in the toilet then washed my hands and exited the room.

I then opened the refrigerator at the other end of my bedroom and pulled out a water bottle.

I decided that I was a little hungry since I didn't eat after I came home last night since I had to take care of another big problem in the shower thanks to the angel a room below me.

As I neared the main kitchen, I heard shuffling and pots and pans clinking against each other.

The maids weren't supposed to be here until 6 which peaked my curiosity to the next level.

Leaning against the doorway with my arms folded across the chest, I saw Ophelia grating some vegetables while the coffee maker was on and two frying pans were on the stove, the flame burning bright beneath them.

She wore a grey sweater and blue jeans, along with a pair of sneakers.

She was really killing me with these jeans that she was beginning to take a liking to.

It was hard not to notice the small things that she did.

How her hips moved with a rhythmic motion with every swipe of the grater that she made, the way she would stop momentarily to move a strand if curly hair from her line of vision, and the way that she tried to accurately cut the sweet pepper in half.

Locking my jaw and forcing my eyes not to look down and see how nicely that jeans fit her ass, I cleared my throat.

"Ophelia? What are you doing up so early?" I said, my voice still husky from sleep.

She jumped slightly and turned around to face me, her cheeks heating up when her eyes laid on my naked chest.

Tearing her eyes away, she spoke, "U-Um, I remembered you saying that you had to leave early for work today, so I thought that I'd just get breakfast starting early." She rambled.

"Oh! And I was wondering when I'd get my uniform." She inquired with a tilt of her head.

I was confused for a second before I finally registered what she meant.

I was hoping that she would forget about that entire cook thing and now she wanted a uniform?

"You don't have to wear one." I said as I unfolded my arms and stepped closer.

She watched the movement and took a small step back, her eyes trained on my attire again, or lack thereof.

I was only in grey sweatpants.