Chapter 34

I wake up to the too-loud ringing of my phone. It's Wednesday and I'm excited. It's my birthday! The only reason I'm excited, though, is because now Gerard and I's relationship is no longer illegal. I'm eighteen, so I'm legally an adult now. I look at the time so I can complain about it later. It is 3:45 A.M. Wonderful.

I pick up my touch screen phone and click the green button, answering the call. "Hello?" I ask groggily.

"Happy birthday, baby!" Gerard's smooth voice says through the speaker.

"Aw, thanks, Gee," I say, smiling. It's adorable that he called me so late—or early?—to tell me happy birthday. Usually only Danny and Jess do that.

"You're welcome, Frank. By the way, I'm taking you out," he says casually.

"You don't have to," I say quickly. "Honestly, staying at my house, or yours, and watching movies and eating pizza would be more than wonderful."

"Nonsense, I'm taking you out. It won't be all fancy like one of our other dates. I have like no money anymore," he says, laughing.

"Get a job, you introvert," I say playfully. I'd be a hypocrite if I meant it, I haven't tried to get a job since I was sixteen. I just take the money for the dates and for gas from my parents. We write it down and add up how much I owe them. I'm scared to see the number, I never ask to.

"Says the one who also doesn't have a job."

"I was messing, baby, we can just continue stealing from our parents," I reply, feeling a little awkward. This is the first time I've called him 'baby', if I'm correct. I've just never called someone that, so it feels really weird.

"Anyways, don't worry about driving to school this morning because I'm going to pick you up," he informs me, and I can hear the smile on his face.

"Alright, are you driving Mikey and Ray too?" I ask. He better because I kinda feel bad for making them walk lately.

"Um... No?"

"Yes," I say back immediately. "Don't make them walk, we go to different schools, just drop them off first and we'll talk on the way to my school," I say, letting out a little yawn.

"Okay, I'll do that," he says. "Get some sleep, gotta look extra beautiful on your big day."

"I thought only girls were beautiful," I say cheekily, just wanting to mess with him.

"Well... sh," he says, then hangs up. Okay, then, Gerard.

I set my phone down and curl into my bed, closing my eyes. I sigh deeply and drift off again.

Sleeping didn't last long, let me tell you. I got woken up at five 'o clock by my parents singing 'Happy Birthday' to me. They had break fast ready for me and said they would go get my presents while I eat.

So, now I'm sitting on my bed and eating some eggs, enjoying them too. There's also two little pancakes and some hash browns. Yum.

There's a knock on my door, then it opens. Mom comes in carrying a huge box in her arms while dad comes in carrying a little paper rectangle, which I'm guessing is a card. "Okay, here's your first one," mom announces, putting the box on my bed. I put my plate on my night table and rip off the wrapping from the box. "Mom," I state, shocked

"I know, but I felt really bad about what happened with the dog and how Pansy got broke. I thought we should skip the begging for a new one and just give it to you," she says smiling.

I push the box off my legs and jump up and off my bed, attacking her with a hug, "Thank you, mom, she's perfect."

"She better be, that's exactly what you said when you got Pansy," she jokes. This new guitar looks exactly like Pansy, same brand and colors, everything.