EIGHT|WORKING GIRL

Armani hung her head low as she continued to be berated by both of her parents, their bodies closing in on her as she sat at Muh's dining room table. At the moment she couldn't hear anything they were saying, just a bunch of yelling and gibberish as she had truly blocked them out of her mind. It was the next morning, and after her dad called her mom first thing, she was flying out of Jersey like a bat out of hell. Armani had only accomplished getting four hours of sleep before her mom pulled her out of bed, just to curse her out downstairs. Big Muh had already laid into her after picking her up from the police station, however it seemed as though he wanted another go round.

"I am taking you back to Jersey, you haven't done shit down here but run behind that nappy headed ass boy" Jocelyn spat, looking over her daughter, "And now, you're drinking and driving, in another man's car"

"I'm gonna let her take you too, so don't even think about giving me any of that daddy shit. I tried to turn you around, but baby girl you're too much" Big Muh told his daughter.

However Armani didn't respond, just stared in space.

"Armani are you even listening?" Jocelyn squinted her eyes.

"Huh?" Armani jumped out of her daze, "Yeah, mom. I heard you, you're disappointed and I can't use your card next month"

"That is not what I said" Jocelyn rolled her eyes, "I said, you're coming back to Jersey"

"What!?" Armani screeched, "Dad, do you hear her?"

"Yes" Big Muh gave her a knowing look, "And she's right. Baby girl you have nothing going on here, and I feel horrible guiding you to destruction"

"So that's it? I spend a year with you and you're done. Is it because I'm not as successful as Nico and Ron? Well sorry I'm not your precious sons!"

Armani hissed, standing to her feet and stomping up to her room. Slamming the door behind her, all she could do was dig her face in her pillow as she sobbed. She knew her parents were right, she didn't have shit going for herself. Even Sequoia's crazy ass was in school, while all Armani did was sit around and wait for Sage to call if she wasn't partying or socializing. She honestly didn't even know what she wanted to do in the future, besides to just be fly. However now that she was getting older things were really setting in, and she knew that chasing behind Sage was doing nothing but bringing her down.
Armani heard a hard knock on her room door, and she turned her head away from it.

"Go away!" She cried, not wanting to be bothered.
"Mani, its Dad, I'm coming in" he said, telling her more than asking.

"Dad, I said go away. I get it, I have to leave" she said putting her blanket over her head.

"Armani, sit up" he told her in a stern yet gentle voice.

Armani put her eyes into her head, doing as he said as she rolled over and sat up. Her face was wet with tears, and it struck Big Muh's heart to see his baby cry. Especially because she was so hard, and she never let anything bring her down or intimidate her. He called her his little lion, due to her being a fiesty leo.

"Yes" she huffed, looking down at her long acrylics. She needed a refill, but it wasn't the time to think about that.

"First off, don't you ever compare yourself to Ron and Nico. I love you all the same, and I've always told you that"

"I know dad, I just ~"

Big Muh put his hand up to silence her, and she quickly shut her lips.

"And, that has nothing to do with why I think you should go back to your moms. It's too much going on here, and I can't keep my eye on you like I want. Plus this guy that you're running behind ~"