Chapter 25~Just Kiss Me

.

.

.

Mira's POV

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I stared into the cunning green eyes of my geeky friend that stood in front of me dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans with a pinkish red button up on.

"Edward?" I asked while still pinching the bridge of my nose as he gave me a nervous smile with sweat starting to bead up on his forehead.

"Hmm?" He mumbled, not even looking at me, more like rubbing his hands on his pants while staring at the stairs.

"Of all things that were in your closet, why in the living hell did your mother let you come out of the house like that?" I asked while looking down at his jet black converses as he nervously pulled his thick nerd glasses out of his pocket.

"I-I slipped out." He stuttered while pushing them onto his face.

"The glasses?" I asked as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

"I was in a rush and I couldn't find my contacts." He whispered as the quiet sound of heels were softly heard as Betty stopped at the bottom and smiled at us. She was a real beauty to behold.

"Hey." She greeted with a dashingly yet stunning smile. Her hair was fully curled in large bundles most likely done by Alyssa. She softly rubbed the crinkles out of her dark blue dress that reminded me of the night sky.

"H-H-H-" Edward stuttered while softly shaking as I gently held his arm.

"Breath. She won't bite you, probably kiss you." I whispered as he stopped shaking, wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Okay, I can do it." He whispered back as he wiped his hands on his pants and turned to Betty. "Are you ready to go, beautiful?" He asked, his voice now seductive and soft. She blushed softly and grasped his hand as they walked out the front door.

"Have her back before midnight or else!!" I shouted as they both smiled at me and got into Edward's truck before driving off.

Edward's POV

She was stunning. Gorgeous. Oh gosh. I had to stop myself from thinking so I turned on the radio as 'Shower by Becky G' came on.

It seemed as if Betty knew the song since she started singing along to it perfectly. Her voice not once messing up nor cracking.

"You have a beautiful voice." I smiled as the song was starting to go off.

"Why thank you darling." She smiled with a Scottish accent.

"Are you Scottish?" I asked while glancing over at her as she blushed and nodded.

"Me' mother was a Cherokee Indian while me' father was a Scottish man. They were both lovely people." She smiled, her eyes showing a glint of sadness.

"What happened to them? Umm that's if you don't mind me asking." I quickly asked as she looked up at me and kept smiling.

"I don't know. The Missus told me that my parents loved me, but she never told me what happened to them or why they actually left me with her." She whispered as a tear slid down her face.

"Hey hey. It's okay. It's okay." I consoled while pulling over and pulling her into my embrace. "Just let it all out. It'll be okay. I promise." I whispered into her ear as she tightly squeezed my shirt, crying quietly.

"Th-Th-Thank you." She stuttered, her face still in my shirt as I rubbed down her curled mahogany brown hair.

"You're welcome, now why don't I go take you somewhere that will most definitely make you smile." I asked while looking down at her as she pulled back and looked up at me.

"Where?" She asked as I handed her my handkerchief.

"It's a surprise. I promise you'll love it." I whispered while moving a few strands of her curly hair away from her face. After she was settled and calmed down, I started back driving while glancing at her every now and than.

"Wanna play a game?" She asked while folding her hands in her lap and staring at me.

"Sure." I smiled as she looked me over for a second before staring out the window.

"Okay okay. I spy with my little eyes, something that's both brown and green." She turned back to me while giving me a cheeky smile which fit her beautiful face.

"A tree." I answered as she pouted.

"No fair. You cheated." She joked while sticking her tongue out at me.

"Awww. Your so damn cute." I complimented as she blushed a crimson red.

"I-I...Y-Your turn." She stuttered while looking at me as I laughed.

"I spy with my little eyes, something short and beautiful." She looked around before looking back at me and pouting.

"I can't find it." She sighed as I reached over and let the mirror down as she looked at her reflection before looking back at me.

"I see you." I smiled as her face was now the color of a tomato. "Your turn beautiful."

"I-I-I see with m-my l-little eyes something huge and big!!!!" She shouted while sitting up in her seat for a better view.

"Surprise." I smiled as she sat there with a sheepish grin on her plush re lips.

"I-I just want to kiss you!!!" She shouted while quickly leaning over and kissing my cheek as I parked the car. Just as she was pulling back, I gently leaned forward and kissed her. "Why did you bring me here?" She asked once we pulled away as her eyes held a strong glint of love.

"Because you are a princess and a princess needs a prince who'll spoil her." I whispered while kissing her again before we got out of the truck. She gently grasped my hand as we headed towards the fair.

I'm glad I made that deal.