Chapter 61 | Revelations

"Psst. Al," Charlus hissed across the History of Magic classroom, leaning over his desk as he prodded Alastor Moody, who was sat in front of him, in the back which caused the boy to turn around and glare at his friend.

"What do you want?" Alastor asked as Professor Binns droned on about Goblin Wars and an assortment of many other boring things that none of the students actually had any interest in.

"Have you seen Min? She didn't turn up to Herbology and she's not here either," Charlus whispered to Alastor, gesturing to the classroom filled with Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs but there was no Minerva McGonnagal in sight.

Alastor frowned, glancing around and realising that what Charlus pointed out was true as Eugenia and Pomona sat together a few desks across from the boys but Minnie was definitely not there.

"What're we talking about?" Florean asked with a yawn, leaning back on his chair so that the chair legs tilted into the air dangerously.

He was sat next to Lyall who was one of the only ones in the entire class that was actually paying attention to what Binns was saying.

Many of the other students were having their own whispered conversations; playing games on scrap pieces of parchment or placing their heads down on their desks and sleeping through Binns' droning.

"Minnie. Have you seen her?" Alastor asked Florean, not bothering to whisper anymore as it wasn't like Professor Binns actually cared nor noticed that no one in the lesson was taking notes on what he was saying.

"Nope. It's not like Min to skip lessons though," Florean replied, furrowing his eyebrows in a thoughtful manner as Lyall span around in his seat and pressed his finger to his lips, urging them to be quiet.

The boys ignored him, continuing on with their conversation about Minerva, wondering where their friend had disappeared to.

Professor Binns carried on talking as students now either slept or began to pay slight attention to Charlus, Florean and Alastor talking in the middle of the classroom as that was more interesting than what Binns was babbling on about.

There was a sudden noise from the front of the room as the door opened, revealing a rather disheveled Minnie who looked extremely stressed out and worried about something as she arrived late to the lesson.

Professor Binns jumped for a second, his ghost eyes flicking to Minerva for a moment before he simply nodded his head wearily at her.

Minnie scrambled to her seat next to Pomona and in front of Charlus, Florean and Alastor who had now gathered around Charlus' desk instead of staying at their own individual ones.

Eugenia was next to Pomona and the two girls turned around to face the boys as Minerva sat down, looking at them strangely when they all glanced at her expectantly.

"I'm thoroughly disappointed in you, Minerva," Florean started off, raising his eyebrows in disapproval, "Turning up late to a class?" he tutted playfully as Alastor snickered.

"Absolutely disgraceful behaviour," Charlus joined in with a smirk and Minnie flushed as she glared at the two of them as they leant back in their chairs simultaneously.

"Whatever, it's not like anyone actually cares about this lesson," Minerva defended herself, crossing her arms with a scowl and Pomona laughed a little.

"Lyall does," Eugenia pointed out with a smirk and the friends all glanced in Lyall's direction as he scrawled down notes furiously, listening to Professor Binns intently which caused Charlus to snicker.

"Great, we can use his notes then," Charlus commented and Florean agreed with a chuckle before Lyall glared at them all for talking about him.

"Minerva has a point - no one does care," a girl seated in front of them said, having turned around to listen to the group's conversation as it was more interesting than the class.