4

Mariel POV

I'm an guardian angel tasked to watch over a certain person. But due to my mistake he died.

I live many decades and all of human that been task to observed, they became bad, some are worse. But shirogane kuro he never become one of them.

At first I expected a worst outcome but he is different than the others.

Even it does not show in his face he really cared to those around him. He is lazy but when he want to do something he tried his best to finish it, and that face he shows, it completed my whole day.

And now I am given another chance to fix- no, to do better than my old life.

I will protect him no matter what happen to me.

And so were in the hallway of the ruin castle walking to the library. I am discussing how this world works. Like the currency, law, education system and many more.

While doing this I am observing my master.

He is wearing a black coat underneath was red vest and white Pollo. A black short fit for his legs and he tied his hair in ponytail.

He is really cute like a little boy or perhaps a girl attending a wedding.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

We're arrive at our destination however it's not what we expect.

The library was partially destroyed but there's still books left.

"master don't lose hope maybe we could find something among these books and documents."(Mariel)

I said while looking at my master in his probably despair mode.

His both hands and knees is the ground.

"thanks but maybe I can cover my eyes with something like blindfold?(Luke)

"master in the treasure room maybe we could find any artifacts that can hide or to change your eye color."(Mariel)

"Yo, you right!"(Luke)

Master said while wiping his tears that about to fall.

"but before that I want to learn some Sword arts, martial arts and magic. Let's go find some."(Luke)

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Luke's POV

After we searched the library for any useful information and knowledge, we found many books and documents that about magic and sword arts.

I want to try it for later but Mariel said that it's time to eat so she go outside and hunt. I insisted to go with her.

We are now in the forest outside of ruined kingdom, the reason why I want to go is that to train by fighting monsters.

After a couple of minutes we spotted a group of goblins and two big black bears. Looks like those goblins trying to hunt the two monsters.

"master watch my back I will take down those monsters"(Mariel)

".......how about I take the goblins and i leave the bears to you."(Luke )

"I see, that is more efficient but please be careful."(Mariel)

"Ok, I will go in that bushes behind goblins when I give you the signal raising my hand, attack those bears  that will bring attention of goblins to you".

"understood"(Mariel)

I sneak from behind of goblins while using my skill to identify them.

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 345
Mana: -/-
Strength: 50
Defense: 26
Stamina: 22
Agility: 43
Intelligence: 7

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 395
Mana: -/-
Strength: 40
Defense: 16
Stamina: 22
Agility: 33
Intelligence: 8

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 295
Mana: -/-
Strength: 40
Defense: 16
Stamina: 42
Agility: 51
Intelligence: 8

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 345
Mana: -/-
Strength: 50
Defense: 26
Stamina: 22
Agility: 43
Intelligence: 7

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 395
Mana: -/-
Strength: 50
Defense: 46
Stamina:42
Agility: 33
Intelligence: 8

Name: -/-
Race: goblin•soldier
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 269
Mana: -/-
Strength: 60
Defense: 46
Stamina: 42
Agility: 63
Intelligence: 6

Name: -/-
Race: goblin• mage
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 400
Mana: 655
Strength: 50
Defense: 46
Stamina: 85
Agility: 57
Intelligence: 12

Name: -/-
Race: goblin• mage
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 359
Mana: 546
Strength: 34
Defense: 45
Stamina: 85
Agility: 50
Intelligence: 15

Name: -/-
Race: goblin• mage
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 510
Mana: 670
Strength: 38
Defense: 55
Stamina: 70
Agility: 50
Intelligence: 11

Name: -/-
Race: goblin• mage
Rank: F
Gender: male
Health: 500
Mana: 620
Strength: 31
Defense: 41
Stamina: 70
Agility: 55
Intelligence: 10

that's weird why can't i see their skills and title and instead of level it's rank, what is a rank supposed to be?

There about 10 goblins; 4 mage goblin and 6 goblins soldier according to my skill [Appraisal].

i don't know how strong an individual if i only can see their status, like if your strength is over 100 or 300 that can destroy a huge tree or a concrete wall . so even you can see their information but you lack of knowledge and experience, dealing with them will be lot harder.

that's why i want to go in this hunting to accumulate experience.

Using my skill [Blood Manipulation] and [Blood Blade], my hand shined and in that light forming a magic circle. From that magic circle red liquid swirling and form a blade that sizes normal knife emerge.

I raised my hand to signal Mariel, she rush to the bears while the goblins surprise from sudden attack.

I quickly but quietly approach to the nearest goblin soldier whose rank is F and while it distracted I hold its head and Stab its neck.

Ok one down nine to go.

However, that's a mistake as I Stab its neck, the goblin scream from pain resulting to alert nearby goblins or should I say all of goblins.

There attention now is driven to me.

Now I'm surrounded with only a knife in my right hand.

[Notification: level 1»6]

[Notification: skill [Silent step] acquired]

[Notification: skill [Stab] acquired]

[Notification: skill [Sneak Attack] acquired]

[Notification: skill [Assassinate] acquired]

[Notification: skill [Blood Dagger] acquired]

[Notification: job [Assassin] acquired]

Nice! But now come to think of it.

I don't really know how to fight.