15

he saw herbefore he saw anything else in the room

he saw her
before he saw anything else in the room

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

DAISY

As I stare at the fight breaking out in front of me in shock, two arms pull me out of the way.

Seth yanks Daniel all the way over the table, making him fall onto the ground. I thought maybe he'd be done there, but no. He throws punch after punch, with Daniel struggling to block them.

By now a crowd has formed around us, cheering them on.

Why isn't anybody doing anything?

I notice how much Daniel is bleeding and wince as I yank my arms out of Dustin's grip. "Seth, stop!"

He must've finally snapped out of it because he suddenly freezes. When he looks up to see the fear in my eyes, his own eyes soften and his body relaxes. Seth slowly stands up from the ground, leaving Daniel there groaning in pain.

I wince at the look that was in his eyes just a few seconds ago, and when he steps towards me, I quickly avert my gaze.

I hear him sigh. "Come on, lets get out of here." He says to Dustin.

"Let's go pumpkin." My brother whispers before grabbing my hand and following after Seth.

I glance back at Daniel, who's still on the floor, but now someone's helping him up.

I have no idea where we're going until we reach the parking lot.

"Daisy." I lift my head up to look at Seth. "Ride with me?" He asks as he runs his fingers through his hair, almost nervously.

"Go ahead, i'll meet you at his place." Dustin says when he sees the questioning look I send him.

Seth shakes his head. "Just stay here. There's no point in you driving to my place if she's coming over later anyways."

Dustin nods hesitantly to his words and kisses the top of my head before turning and walking back to the school. I bite my lip and walk over to Seth, who's standing in front of the passenger side door. He opens it for me and I thank him quietly.

As we're driving towards his place, I play with the end of my dress.

Seth clears his throat. "I'm sorry." His voice is rough and almost emotionless. Almost.

"I-It's okay." I answer quietly.

He sighs. "No, no it's not. I shouldn't have started that fight in front of you." His grip on the steering wheel tightens. "Or at all."

I finally look over at him with my head tilted. "But Daniel also shouldn't have been so mean, right?"

He chuckles and sends me a quick glance. "Right, sweetheart."