[36] - Arlong Park Arc ~ 6

🏴️️Ch.36: Arlong Breaks His Promise! For a Crying Friend Yields A Siren's Ferocity!🏴️️

(First Name), Jimanekia, and the pack (minus Carmela and Ahio, who were still perched within the branches of a tangerine tree) remain hidden behind Bellemere's house observing the incoming Marines and sheriff/mayor of Cocoyashi village, Genzo.

Led by an officer who greatly resembles a rat, about a dozen or so Marines stop in front of Nami and Bellemere.

"I don't like the looks of this bloke[1], (First Name)." The yellow pearl Gem, Jimanekia, whispers.

"You and me both." (First Name) responds. "Better watch your gemstone." She advises the Pearl. Gems have enough problems with the Marines and the World Government. And to be aware that there is one this far from the Grand Line will bring a great amount of unwanted attention. But the placement of her gemstone made it seem like a decoration to her outfit.

"Are you the pirate thief known as Nami?" The rat-faced Marine asks.

Nami is frozen at the man's question.

"The Marine sources have revealed that you have quite a large sum of treasure that you've stolen from pirates. The Government hereby confiscates all said property. It is required that you comply immediately."

Nami remains silent through the whole exchange. The rat-faced man throws the girl a disgusting smirk.

"Sorry. Uh, perhaps you didn't hear me the first time. The Government hereby confiscates everything you've stolen. It is required that you comply immediately. Do you understand?" He repeats with a slightly annoyed look.

Nami's fearful look turns into a sly smirk. "Isn't that something? I can see you're very passionate about your duties." She crosses her arms over her chest. "You won't bring a brutal gang of pirates to justice, but you will shake down a lowly sneak thief. That's so very noble." She taunts.

"You tell that yakking prat [2], girl." Jimanekia snickers.

The head Marine officer chuckles at the girl's attitude.

"I'm only gonna warn you once; I'm one of the leaders of the Arlong Pirates. If you mess with me, Arlong won't sit by quietly."

The Marine chuckles in that annoying mouse-like way, the smirk on his face not falling. "Silly girl. Who do you think I am? You honestly think you can intimidate me? FIND THE STOLEN GOODS!" He orders his men.

The lower rank Marines stalk past Nami and begin their unauthorized search.

"Don't move!!" Nami snarls. But the Marines don't halt their search.

Nami then snaps. She removes her three-piece Bo staff, hidden in the small of her back, before piecing it together and going crazy on the Marines. "I SAID STOP!" She screams as she takes out two of the Marines. "Do you really think this is what the Marines should be doing now?" She snarls. "The Arlong Pirates are murderers; They've destroyed entire cities and YOU'RE DOING NOTHING!! HE'S RULING OVER THIS ISLAND AND TRAMPLING OVER PEOPLE'S LIVES! YOU IGNORE ARLONG'S ATROCITIES TO STEAL FROM A THIEF?! IS THAT WHAT YOU STAND FOR?!"

"Chichichi. Big talk from a filthy criminal." The Marine smirks. "Continue the search, men!"

The men continue searching without question or worry for their fellow comrades who were just struck down. Goes to show why (First Name) and her pack can't stand the Marines. At least, the corrupted kind.

"EVERY PERSON ON THIS ISLAND HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THE MARINES TO COME AND HELP THEM FOR YEARS!! HOW DARE YOU PASS THEM BY AND COME HERE SEARCHING FOR MONEY?!!" Bellemere backs up her foster daughter.