Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies

Chapter 34

"They're about an hour away." Lucas communicated to everyone in Thane's parents' house.

One of our werewolf was keeping a lookout in the forest in a camouflaged location. That way the hunters wouldn't be able to find him and he would be able to tell us their estimated time of arrival.

Currently, Thane's family, Bailey, Lucas, Thane and I were all in Thane's parents house while everyone else went to the field where Thane and I got married since it was the closest area in the forest to Fairbairn.

The area in which the hunters were headed.

Bailey, Thane's mother and younger brothers, all elders, children and pregnant women, including myself, were to stay in the house where it would be safe for us.

I wanted to fight Thane on that and go to the battlefield but I knew my presence would be more destructive than productive.

I saw Thane's parents step outside and Bailey and Lucas take a moment to themselves before our mates went off to war.

Caroline and Delilah were both fighting so I hadn't seen them in days but I prayed to the Moon Goddess for everyone's safety.

I got up from the sofa and walked to Thane who stood with a poker face at the front door.

"I'll be fine." He assured me before I could say anything.

I gave him a small smile before I wrapped my arms around his back, "Promise me that you'll come back to me."

"I promise love. We have our entire lives ahead of us." He whispered in my ear.

I pulled away and cupped his cheeks, "You better not break your promise Alpha because our kid and myself will be waiting for you."

He grinned at me and bent to my stomach and spoke to our baby, "Tell your mom that I'll be fine, will you kid?"

I laughed at the precious scene and pulled Thane back to his full height and kissed him.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you more." He swore before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Not possible but I will let it slide for now." I murmured.

"Oh trust me love, it's very possible." He smirked.

Emotions over came me and I knew Thane was projecting his love through our mate bond. He placed his forehead against my own and we stood wrapped in each other's arms before the war begun.

"When you get back," My voice broke as I started, "and you get some rest, we'll start planning the nursery for our little pea. I'm thinking a space theme."

Thane chuckled as we opened our eyes to look at each other, "I'm thinking an animal theme...with wolves as the main feature."

"I like that. We'll paint our little wolf family on the walls. It will be perfect." I grinned.

"Hmm." Thane sighed in contentment. "I could already see our little boy in your arms. He'll have my hair and your beautiful green eyes."

I shook my head, "No, he'll be the spitting image of you. Little Thane junior."

"Told you it's a great name." He smiled smugly.

"I would agree with you babe, but I'm afraid we would both be wrong." I pecked his cheek as the front door opened and Anne stepped inside with a sorrowful expression which brought me back to the present.

Baby talk would have to wait for now.

"You're father left." She mumbled and I could tell she was as scared as I was.