ten

•••

•••

It was Christmas Eve and everyone was relaxing, and getting ready to put the kids to bed. Considering the four avengers we're fugitives, they decided they wouldn't do Christmas presents as they realised it would be rather difficult to buy them.

"Can someone get the door?" Jack called through the house, a loud knock ringing out.

"I'll get it." Ellie called back walking towards the door with Lucy in her arms.

Ellie walked towards the door opening it.

"Hey babe." Natasha greeted, the door opening.

"Hey." Ellie replied hugging her tightly but still being careful of her niece.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about who's house this was." Nat apologised, following Ellie through the house.

"No Natalia, don't apologise. Thank you." Ellie told her as Natasha was jumped at by Elizabeth.

"Auntie Nat!" She exclaimed as Natasha picked her up spinning her around, causing her to squeal.

"Hello beautiful, how's my favourite Ward?"

"Hey!" Ellie exclaimed with a frown. "I thought I was your favourite Ward!"

"Nope, sorry." Natasha smirked, walking into the Kitchen where everyone else was.

"Look who's arrived!" Jack joked as he hugged her, closely followed by Melissa.

Natasha went to give Steve a hug but Elizabeth had already jumped back into her arms.

"Good girl, don't let the old man touch me." Natasha laughed, steve rolling his eyes.

"Gee thanks Nat." He remarked, Melissa laughing.

"Ellie, you and Nat are on Baby bedtime duty, purely because your holding the children." Jack told her opening his beer.

"It's fine, we love baby duty." Ellie accepted.

"Lets go then." Natasha said.

"We're going to bed after as well." Ellie informed the rest of them, seeing it was 9:30.

"We'll see you in 20." Sam smirked.

"No, you weren't meant to come." Ellie replied.

"See you in a bit." Steve laughed, as Ellie scowled at them.

Once Ellie and Natasha had finally put the girls to bed, they went into their bedroom to see Steve, Sam, Bucky, Jack and Melissa all led on the double bed.

"Um, excuse me?" Ellie called as they walked in.

"Oh hi." Sam replied innocently.

"Move over then." Natasha told them as she sat next to Melissa, Ellie lying down next to Bucky her head resting on his shoulder.