13.

It had been a few weeks since Mia had officially taken over as Sebastian's assistant and he was definitely not going easy on her.

Most of the time, he was completely professional, barking orders at her with a lot more volume than needed, but that she could stand. A rude boss - it wasn't exactly something new, a lot of people had them.

It wasn't that Sebastian had forgotten the animosity between the two of them but at the end of the day, she was still working for him and had a job to do. If she didn't do that well, then it could effect his own work and there was no way he'd let that happen.

However, there were moments where he would find ways to piss Mia off completely.

They would be little, minor things, but just irritating.

It became clear to Mia that Sebastian was going to go out of his way to trip her up, mess with her, or cause her to fail. He was going to hold true to his words and make her life difficult - but she was going to stay true to her words well. She was going to fight back.

Whatever he put in front of her, Mia found a way to excel each time, much to Sebastian's fury.

Despite the little things he did to annoy her, Mia was actually surprised by one thing; Sebastian was actually quite dedicated to his work.

She had assumed that Sebastian wouldn't be someone to take his work seriously, or would at least slack off but she found none of that. If anything, he actually worked later than most, staying back to finish off his work. Unfortunately for her, it meant staying back with him at times.

It was just that, this was his father's company, if he wanted he probably didn't have to work this hard at all and yet he did anyway. She was forced to acknowledge that whilst he was a complete prick, he had a work ethic beyond what she'd seen before.

Only later did it actually make a little more sense to her, that he probably worked himself like this to prove himself. Mia would admire or respect this... but he was still a prick.

After another long week at work, it was finally the weekend again, which meant rest.

Sunday's can be so lazy, especially when you know its the last day before you have to go back to work. Ideally doing something productive on the day would be better, but it's just so easy to spend it doing nothing.

Mia thought she could just relax her mind for the day, before having to go back to the office and keep up with Sebastian's tantrums.

She spent most of the day with her girls, both of them deciding they would also have a lazy day too.

It was nearing evening time and whilst Chloe went out for a run and Nicole napped, Mia decided to do some reading whilst lying in bed, only for her phone to ring.

Mia glanced at the screen, assuming it was one of those cold-calls, but then grinned seeing her brother's name and immediately sat up.

"Aaron!" She squealed in happiness.

"Hey, monkey. Try not to deafen me, yeah?"

The little nickname that he had for her, always made Mia grin.

"How are you? How's Melissa? You haven't called in while, what's that about?" She bombarded him with questions.

"Easy there, Mia. Save some of your breath for tomorrow," Aaron joked and Mia rolled her eyes. "I'm doing great, just working away as usual, Melissa is perfect as always and I haven't called in while because I've been super-busy with a project, for which I apologise."

Aaron had moved away to France with Melissa a few years ago, with him managing to secure a job over there and Melissa going with him for support, later finding something for herself too.