022

"I REALLY like your hair like this," I mumble, standing on my tiptoes to run my fingers through Bucky's shortened locks. He just chuckles.

"My hair hasn't been this way since the 40s," a smile spreads across Bucky's face as I press a kiss to his cheek.

"That was the plan, was it not?" I ask him, gesturing our Halloween costumes.

"Steve's going to kill us," Bucky smiles down at me, trailing his hands down the red, white and blue material draped over my body.

"Why? I think we're cute. Very original," I smile as we look at each other in the mirror, a Captain America suit I had trailors weeks ago that mirrors Steve's from the 1940s clings to Bucky's muscled physique, while I fashion a star-spangled dress worn by the showgirls at his famous shows.

"The homemade shield really adds effect, don't you think?" I smile up at him, slipping the finishing touch of his costume, the mask, over his head before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"You look cute. I, on the other hand, look like a tool," Bucky places his hands on my waist before pulling me closer to him.

"You always look like a tool," I joke, watching as Bucky raises his eyebrows at me.

"Is that how it is?" He questions jokingly, inching his face closer to mine.

"That's how it is," I confirm, giggling as I wrap my arms around his neck before pressing my lips to his.

"Well, if it's any consolation, I'm liking how it is right about now," he mumbles against my lips as his hands dance around my hips.

The group above us begins to vibrate down to our floor and I roll my eyes. It's still light outside but Dad is just that excited about this stupid party.

"I think Dad's started the party," I giggle against Bucky's lips and hesitantly pull away, causing Bucky to whine.

"C'mon, let's go," I grab him by the hand and drag him out of my room and towards the elevator.

"FRIDAY, to the party floor, please," I smile, and within seconds the door opens to reveal a packed room full of colourfully and creatively dressed people. Spotting Steve, who hasn't bothered to put on a costume, at the bar — Bucky and I choose to go up to him.

"You guys look... Annoying," Steve exclaims as we walk towards him.

"What do you mean?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows jokingly.

"Did you do this just to make fun of me?" Steve crosses his arms over his chest.

"We have no idea what you're talking about," Bucky slings an arm around my shoulder and I instantly entwine my fingers with his, leaning back into him.

"So I'm guessing your Dad showed you the old videos of my shows, huh?" Steve chuckles, raising the glass of Asgardian Liquor to his lips. I feign a look of confusion.

"Oh! That reminds us!" I grin up at Bucky and he sighs, placing his drink on the bar next to Steve before standing upright with his hands placed on either side of his waist while I march around him.

"Who's strong and brave, here to save the American Way?" I badly sing, giggling as I hold my head up high as I continue to march around Bucky.

"Not all of us can storm a beach, or drive a tank. But there's still a way all of us can fight!" Bucky chants, looking at me with a wide grin before turning to Steve and giving him a dead look.

"Who vows to fight like a man for what's right, night and day?" I sing.

"Series E defence bonds! Each one you buy is a bullet in the barrel of your best guy's gun!" Bucky winks at Cap, causing him to roll his eyes as he watches us, amused. I catch out of the corner of my eye that Steve mouths the words along with Bucky, which makes my smile grow even wider.