ten

/JENNIE/

Another disappointment. Turned out, it wasn't Lisa. Funny, who was I to hope that she would reply to my texts at this time of the day? She's probably busy and too occupied in a meeting to even think about me.

But, God, how I wished I was wrong. I would like to think that she thought about me just as frequently as she appeared in my mind.

KAI
Today, 4.44 PM

where are you?
Received

I sighed.

I had forgotten about him and his previous message. I hadn't even replied, to my realization.

I contemplated whether to reply or not. Because I gotta be honest, I didn't feel like being in the same room with him anymore. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

My thumbs ran over the screen to type a reply.

Today, 4.46 PM

i'm caught in detention rn, sorry
Delivered

I locked the phone and returned to my previous activity. I still had about six shelves left, and it's already 4.47 pm. Might as well come back here tomorrow, God knows I wouldn't finish all these today—not before 6 pm.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance when my a notification came again, pausing the music that was playing.

Today, 4.48 PM

where? i can help you :)
Received

I almost cursed.

Being alone with him, again?

Nah, thanks. I'd rather be with ghosts who lived here than to be alone with him in any places possible. So, I decided to ignore the text.

I didn't know what made me cringe so much when it came to him, concerning the fact that he used to be my second favorite person once upon a time. (The first being my little sister, Ella)

Maybe it was the fact that I now realized how blind I was, not even realizing his shitty personalities towards other people.

How he cockily ordered his teammates as if he paid them. How he answered teachers' answers ever so savagely, as if he owned this university. How Jisoo disliked him, how Chaeyoung couldn't stand being in the same room with him for more than five minutes.

Christ, I was too blind and too fooled by his sweet, sugarcoated words to notice those things.

Regardless, he was once my happiness.

Once.

I closed my eyes and rested my face in my palms, soundlessly cringing at my blindness back then. I should've listened to my friends. They knew better.

Even Jimin who's as careless as ever, he confessed to me about his disliking towards Kai.

I chose to ignore that, and how wrong for me to.

My eyes were shot opened when I heard the music stop, and a faint sound of footsteps approached me.

Shit.

Who the hell was that?

Could it be Mrs. Maxime? No, please not. I didn't need her to come here and open her thin, chapped lips to talk to me. To give me new orders. To prolong my detention.

And please, not Kai. I would most likely slam my head right into this table if it turned out to be him.

My ears perked up as I focused on the sound of footsteps. Yes, they're getting closer. The sound of heels clicking with the tiles echoed throughout the vast room.