nine.

"Let me see, spin around...perfect" Milo's smile was wide as he admired me in the rose gold designer dress, the silk material feeling like the most expensive thing my fingers have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I smiled shyly, as I've never had a man glare at me with pure intentions behind his eyes. With enough control to look, but not touch.

"Do you like it? Talk to me" he prompted me, as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Don't get me wrong, I was used to looking the part. Except the clothes I usually wore were from a shopping strip in Philly that sold knockoff items of the ones I really wanted to get my hands on. The dress that was hugging my body was well over five thousand dollars, and Milo was my ready to cash out.

"Yeah...I..I like it" I stuttered, smiling, "But it's like six grand Milo, I can't let you spend that on me"

"That's why you deserve it, come on" he gestured me to step down from the small platform that was surrounded by mirrors. I couldn't argue with his logic, because shit, I did deserve it. After all the drama going on in my life, it was nice to be treated.

It had been two weeks since both me and Lucky were fired from Daisy's, and we were having a hard time finding another club to dance at. Jesenia was still making her money, so that was good for her. Like Milo promised, he had been whining and dining me after our one night at his place.

If he truly was married, I wondered where his wife was. She never called, at least not to my knowledge. When ever I got the chance to get with him, all his time was spent admiring me. At first it felt creepy, but I learned to enjoy it. One thing that confused me about Milo however is that he still hadn't asked for sex. He would only take it as far as kissing, passionately even, but never sex.

He paid for the items I picked out without a hesitation, next escorting me out to his truck. It was still winter, so most of my gifts I wouldn't be wearing anytime soon. That didn't matter, because I had some of the hottest pieces for the spring.

"I want you to change into something nice, and then I want to take you out" he told me, as we drove towards his penthouse.

"Okay" I nodded, "Like where?"

"My favorite place" was all he gave up.

I didn't ask anything further, because frankly I never said much to the chocolate stallion. I still wasn't that comfortable around him, so I spent most of the time awkwardly smiling or flirting when I had a little wine in me, but nothing that would tell him who I really was or what I had been through. I refused to give myself to the man, only sacrificing my soul to get what I deserved. The best.

When we arrived back to his place, I took a shower while Milo sat in the living room waiting for me to tell him I was ready. As always, I enjoyed the water, letting it run over me as I washed my hair. I took longer than I should've, and when I finally left the bathroom I overheard his deep voice from the living room. Curiosity got the best of me, as I slowly crept up the hallway and listened to his conversation.

"Jay baby relax, I told you I had to stay late at the office today" he whispered a little louder than I'm sure he wanted to, "I can't help it if Matthew wants us to stay late to go over this paperwork. Take my card, go out with your friends. Alright, I love you"

With that he hung up, and flicked back on the tv. I shook my head and turned back to the bedroom, next staring down at the rose gold dress. I sighed, but I didn't hesitate any further as I heard Milo coming up the hallway.

"If I knew any better I'd say you don't want to go" he snickered, "What's taking?"

"Sorry, I wanted to wash my hair. We've been in the pool a lot" I responded, releasing it from the towel which held it up.