Prologue

Mr. Jung looked at the last name on his list for the day. Another new client.

Being good at his profession and clearly enjoying it, only meant that he was getting more popular. New clients appeared every week, and they were more than happy to come the following week and the week after that.

His thoughts drifted to his father. How he wanted to tell his father that he was earning much more than he could have by taking on their family business which his father suggested he should. To quote his exact words, "How can you make a living by listening to lunatics? You would eventually have to end up in an asylum too."

He was tempted to correct his father by telling him that his clients weren't lunatics, but people, just like me and you, who sometimes felt that they could benefit from taking advices from an outsider. Nothing much different from asking for the help of a mechanic to make your car function properly again.

His father was so ignorant, but then again he never had the courage to correct his father either, or tell him that the world had progressed much more than his father's orthodox opinions. He had no idea how he would tell his father about the recent discoveries he had made about himself.

Well, even if he couldn't help himself, at least he intended to help his next client, whoever that may be.

"Next," he called out loudly for his assistant to let the next person in.

The door opened and a woman in her twenties walked in. The way she walked and her entire demeanor indicated that she was totally done with the shit called 'life.'

She sat in a sofa opposite to Mr.Jung's chair and smiled weakly, and only because of courtesy. Her face looked sombre and the dark circles under her eyes gave way to the fact that she's not had sufficient sleep recently. Overall, she looked sick.

"So how can I help you, Ms.. Baek Y/N? You don't mind me calling you Y/N, right? Call me Hoseok, by the way." Mr. Jung smiled at the woman, who tried, but failed to return it back.

"Of course, sir- I mean Hoseok. So...." The woman trailed off, trying to find the right words to express her problem aptly.

Hoseok noticed that the woman didn't exactly know where to start, something most of his patients had a problem with. So he encouraged her, "Please go on. I'm here to help you. You don't have to feel uncomfortable with me. Don't be shy."

The woman took a deep and sharp breath.

"I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL THAT SHORTASS, DICK-HEADED, PRICKLY DINGBAT," she screamed and then broke down into tears.

Hoseok had seen many types of cases before, some cases of paranoia and some cases of just pure bizarreness. But none of them had such a suspenseful opening like the one he was dealing with now.

"Woah, Woah.. okay calm down. Just breathe slowly. Take a deep breath."

The woman started taking deep breaths, and at the same time sobbing frantically.

"Okay. First of all, who?"

The women glared at Hoseok, indicating how much she loathed the words that would come out of her mouth.

"MY. BOSS."

"Okay let's talk about it calmly."

"I don't think I can speak about him without feeling like jumping off a building or pushing him off one. He drives me crazy.....and not in a good way," The woman put her head on her hand and let out an exasperated sigh, "Just help me, Hoseok, I am so done with his bullshit."

Hoseok let her take her time. After a few minutes, the woman sat up straight and continued,

"It all started three months ago........."

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading my story.

Hope you'll enjoy it😊

Please vote and comment to let me know what you think about it. It means a lot to me.

'Italics' indicate flashback.
'Bold & Italics' indicate the final dialogues in each chapter.
Words between " " indicate dialogues between characters.
Words between ' ' indicate thoughts of characters.

_________________________________________

Copyright © miss_freesia ™ | 2019

DISCLAIMER

All rights reserved. The moral right of the author has been asserted. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

This is a work of fiction. Characters, names, places, incidents in this book are either the products of the author's imagination or are used in a fictitious manner. This book is in no way a reflection of the personality or the attitude of the people in real life.

_________________________________________